Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at cycle gear and I see alot of different folks that come into the store. From the die hard MSF instructor, completely geared up and ready to recruit some new riders, to the guy that just bought the new ZX-10r wearing a helmet he got from his buddy that is 2 sizes too big and no other gear, saying "when my money gets right, the gear is next." One couple that comes in to the store, always geared up even carries a dog in a backpack with them, the dog even has a helmet and glasses on.[?] Then there is this other guy that comes in with a dog straped to him in a baby harness wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops.[xx(] Yes I live in vegas and it is as hot as south hell, but stupid is just plain stupid. The reward for stupid should be pain. To all my riders, always gear up, I do![}:)]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I hear you man...I get alot of crazy looks from people...specially squids when they see me with my all black gear...it does get pretty hot here in el paso but it doesnt bother me...I prefer to ride with my gear no matter how hot it is because it makes me feel safer.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey wikidbandt, where is the cyclegear in vegas? You know cross streets, freeways, shit like that. I'll stop by there when I take my bike out to vegas.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hmmm what a choice....Do I want to be Hot or possibly leave my skin on the pavement. I always wear all of my gear all the time, no excuses. Sweat washes away in the shower. But on the other hand, road rash and broken bones are things I can do without. Anyone here that doesn't wear gear when they ride obviously lacks respect for there own body.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Random strangers have asked me a few times recently if I get hot in my gear, same answer always, "yes but it is better than road rash" most people who don't ride, seem understand that but you see so many people here riding in tee shirts. It isn't usually that hot here even in summer. The other day as I was leaving work it started hailing, bad enough with gear but there was some silly ass on one those yuppy cruisers with the wide bars riding into it wearing a tee shirt, half helmet and sunglasses, bet he found some pain. I've seen guys even older than me riding $30,000 HDs wearing helmets that cost less than their designer jeans. Weekend posers probably, spend more time polishing crome than riding.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Originally posted by GWN ZX9R
...bad enough with gear but there was some silly ass on one those yuppy cruisers with the wide bars riding into it wearing a tee shirt, half helmet and sunglasses, bet he found some pain. I've seen guys even older than me riding $30,000 HDs wearing helmets that cost less than their designer jeans. Weekend posers probably, spend more time polishing crome than riding.
Well said. Don't get me started on yuppie cruisers and weekend posers....
PA is freaking cruiser country. Its all I see: 50 cruisers to every sportbike. In the summer, 95% of them are wearing t-shirts or less. and 90% of them don't wear helmets- even on the highway.

People need to understand this:
Harley's are not cool anymore and buying a Harley does not make you cool. I saw a Harly sticker on a Volkwagon Cabrio the other day. what the hell???? I will just never understand why people go out and buy an overpriced motorcycle with old technology and then proceed to plaster stickers all over their minivans and econo cars and buy all their children Harly gear to make other people envy them and think they are cool. Fucking mid-life crisis. Choppers are a whole 'nother rant...

edit: not to say cool people can't ride harley's just that harley's don't make you cool!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm guessing alot of HDs and clones get bought by people who want to be able to say that they "Ride" so technology isn't really an issue because riding isn't really the point. Comes down to which is more important to a person, stand beside the bike to be seen by others or be on the bike and moving for yourself.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
here in WI, there also about 50 cruisers to every one sportbike. And about 80% of the riders ride in shorts and a cut off. I hardly ever see any one wear n e sort of gear. I also get a lot of funny looks when im riding in the summer w/ my gear on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
you think rideing with just a t-shirt is bad...the guys on the harleys ride with jeans, boots, no gloves, no lid, and no shirt. now dont they look like a dumb ass? them they tend to ride in groups so i have alot to laugh at. but as far as technology increaseing in HD, they are older than the hills. they have the same thing on the bikes now as they did in the 80's. at least streetbikes upgraded to 4 strokes instead of 2 strokes.

Just a note...i would keep my hide than to just transfer it to a differant part of my body (a.k.a skin graph)
so i gear up in 110 degree weather. and if i dont have to go on my bike i take the CAR it has A.C.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk

atleast the poor little girl has a helmet on.
I actually winced when I saw that. People that stupid should not be allowed to breed. [V] If you can't take precautions to save your own skin, at least protect your kid's! :(

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey sanjose, there are 2 cg's in town. One is just south of I-95 and Decatur. The other is on Pecos and Patrick.

And like kyle said, wikid, which cg do you work at? And can we get KawiForums discounts? lol. We go to the one on decatur quite a bit, kim even knows us by name.

And just in case some of you people don't know how hot it gets here, my digital thermometer read 118F in the shade on Sunday. I still wore all of my gear to go do some errands, but holy shit it drains you. Never go anywhere in any vehicle without water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.