Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assuming this is probably a repost, but I thought it was kind of crazy. I know there are stunters who are not squids, so I am not making that mistake again, however these pics show where the line is drawn between squid and stunter

http://www.stunterschool.com/tableofcontents.htm

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Who cares man?! Really?! If they want to get hurt, you can't stop them....

Also, I'm kind of tired of that [email protected] all about squids, there's a little squid part in every one of us as well from time to time.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
Who cares man?! Really?! If they want to get hurt, you can't stop them....

Also, I'm kind of tired of that [email protected] all about squids, there's a little squid part in every one of us as well from time to time.
I've only been a member here since May and I'm tired of all the squid shit too.

We're all part squidly. If not, we'd have cruisers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

We're all part squidly. If not, we'd have cruisers.
Being a squid has nothing to do with riding a sportbike, it's an attitude and a type of decisionmaking. Cruiser guys can be squids too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You guys are about to get the "If it'll help someone put on there gear I'm for it" arguement.

I agree we all are squids from time to time. And if you think if you wear full gear that discounts you you're wrong. This reason I say that is cause I bet you just put the gear on but didn't even bother checking your tire pressure, brakes, turn signals are operational, beep the horn to make sure it's functional.........all those things that the owner's manual tells you to do every time before getting on the bike.

Insurance rates wouldn't change a bit if everyone wore full gear from now on cause once the insurance companys set it's rates it's damn near impossible to get them back down (like gas prices). Plus they'll just find some other reason to collect more cash.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
AGREE, FUCK ALL THOSE GUYS WHO TALK SHIT ABOUT SQUIDS.

I ride for me, I ride at my ability, but if others want to ride with no protection, they know the posibilities of what could happen.

as for the school. thats siccc, they are willing to teach what most try to learn for years.

man. get off the squid shit and let others ride at there own risk.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Originally posted by kpt4321

Being a squid has nothing to do with riding a sportbike, it's an attitude and a type of decisionmaking. Cruiser guys can be squids too.
i was riding home this morning when i came up on a busa, doing 70-75mph. my squidliness was beggin for him to play, no bite.

i was amazed

·
Registered
375 Posts
Look these guys are Experts. Most of the stuff they're doing you could run along side them, so if they go down its like falling when you're running. I'm sure they recommend wearing full gear when learning at their School. And to each their own, I used to wear gear every time I went out stuntin. Now as I'm more comfortable I dont always wear my jacket. So I guess I'm a squid.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaMike
I am assuming this is probably a repost, but I thought it was kind of crazy. I know there are stunters who are not squids, so I am not making that mistake again, however these pics show where the line is drawn between squid and stunter

http://www.stunterschool.com/tableofcontents.htm

is that avatar a pic of you pulling wheelies on a public street? hmmm.[:M74]

·
Registered
40 Posts
"Stunting Safety

Stunterschool also has a stunting safety section that has tons of information about what to do and not to do to be a safe stunter. Also covered in this section and through out the whole school is how to work up to each stunt as quick and safe as possible."

and the picture next to it
lmao!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I have trouble calling someone who can do no hand circle wheelies a squid. These guys are really good and when they do fuck up they usually just jump of the bike or something. They do stunts at low speed where your not going to go sliding across asphalt for 100 feet.

We all have a little squid in us, I know I do. I try to fight it but these bikes can make us do stupid stuff

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
We all have a little squid in us, I know I do. I try to fight it but these bikes can make us do stupid stuff
[:++1]

It's like being the Incredible Hulk. The beast within always tries to release itself the second I hit the twisties or a long stretch of open highway:D

And he usually wins...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FLO... yeah that's me on the bridge below the gap, I don't have any problem with wheelies here and there.. what I was getting at was things like the pic a previous poster posted.. just stupid stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
FLO... yeah that's me on the bridge below the gap, I don't have any problem with wheelies here and there.. what I was getting at was things like the pic a previous poster posted.. just stupid stuff.
Which bridge you talking about, the one down 28 or the one down 129? There are a bunch of bridges around there. BTW, when do you plan on going back? Me and a buddy may be going this Saturday. I friggin love that place. Have you ridden the Cherohala yet?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The bridge by the dam on 129.
There is a trip planned for sept 9-11, but I don't know if I will make it or not. I have spent about $400 in the last month and a half taking 3 trips to the dragon, I probably need to start spending money on the Mrs...know what I mean?:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.