Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went out for a solo ride and when I finally came back to the city there was a road closure under a bridge and I had to take a boulevard and then make a U-turn. I stopped on a red and as soon as I had the green arrow I made the U-turn, and I let it rip just a little, I look on my mirror and there he is, a motorcycle cop running the red light to chase me with the discotheque lights on, shit I was screwed, right? well I was in 2nd and I clutched and shifted all the way to sixth doing 65 in a 40 and started slowing down, I even put my left hand in my leg so that he could see that I wasn't in "aggressive mode" anymore... just before catching up with me he turned the lights off and came on my left and I heard a little blare of the siren, I kept going like nothing happened, then he came on my right and pulled even, as I lifted my lid he said " I just thought it was a friend of mine, he's got a bike just like this one, but his' got a white stripe down there by the clutch cover... what's your bike? kawasaki huh? those are nice, but I like suzuki better... well, take care ok?..."
I didn't say a single word, he just down-shifted and went away and a couple minutes later he went by like hell on the other side of the road and honked... shit that was weird.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
Most generally, unless I did something stupid, the police I've talked to are pretty nice people. Everybody is human and honestly, I don't know a single person that doesn't speed. One of my good friends is an officer and he drives way faster than I do.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
lol, thats cool he let you go and didnt ticket you for doing 65 in a 40

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by senfo
Most generally, unless I did something stupid, the police I've talked to are pretty nice people. Everybody is human and honestly, I don't know a single person that doesn't speed. One of my good friends is an officer and he drives way faster than I do.
I agree. I had a cop pull up behind me, eyeball my bike then pull up next to me. He told me how clean the bike looked without the stock turn signals (I have the integrator and custom fender eliminator) He told me it was positioned illegally, but as long as we (bikers) don't act stupid, they generally won't bother us...so I have no problem with cops

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Well, that's the best kind of meow encounter to have with the law...

·
Registered
399 Posts
wow thats relieving,the cops around L A,especially bike cops are FU**ing cowboy D**K HEADS they cant stand us.that shit woulda freaked me out.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
That's a good experience in my opinion.. I like cool cops! Unfortunately most of them have a bad reputation because of a few bad apples.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[:Agree] Most of the cops in the city are di**heads, everytime they set up a speedtrap even when I'm going slower than the posted speed limit they keep pointing me with their radar guns as I go by like almost putting it right in front of my face! i've been tempted to flip the middle on them~!

Remember, I said 'most' but I guess I've been lucky lately 'cause it's been two times in a row that I've had 'run-ins' with cops and they turn out to be cool with me being a little over the limit. maybe they stopped profiling us bikers... i wish

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by richo6r
i've been tempted to flip the middle on them~!
Wave at them; it will be a far more annoying statement.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that sounds like a good idea, I'll do that next time...

I read here the other day on another thread that a member waved at an officer and the cop flipped him back ...LOL... that was funny!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
a buddy of mine, got a ticket from another buddy of his, they are friends, but the friend on the bike did a wheelie, then the friend who was a cop pulled the bike over to find out that the bike was his buddy.

as hes telling the rider to take off, the captan pulls behind the other car, so he is forced to give him a fix it ticket.

sucks but riders who are cops and riders who just ride are still friendley, he tried to let him go, if it wasnt for the captain, he would have got away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.