Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that when people see this squidly shit on tv, they dont think that we are all like this. Out of all the directions they could have taken this show, they chose to focus on squids......

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
SUPERBIKES Right, More like SUPERSQUIDS, I watched that show last night. The bikes were neat, but the irresponsible riding in the street that they showed IMO gives motorcyclists a bad name. Wheelies, Stoppies,Burnouts,lane spliting which is legal in California I guess....to me just more stupid shit people see on TV....and say man I'm going to try that and then they end up getting hurt or killed, or hurting and killing others, because watched some TV show and decided to ride with there head up there ass. The speed channel will here from me on this crappy show. Two Wheel Tuesday with Greg White was better, at least that show talked about AMA rights and racing etc. Superbikes, not even a mention about that kind of stuff....Looked like of bunch irresponsible assholes to me. If people want to ride like that, do it on a closed course away from traffic. By riding like that on the street they are putting people at risk that don't need to be at risk with there stupid actions.Two thumbs down for Superbikes [:M87][:M87]

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Unless you have a neilson ratings box in your house, whether you watch or not won't make a difference in the ratings :(

I didn't see it, but it sounds like this is the opposite to what we need, though it will probably get more viewers then gregs garage due to the number of squids out there who will enjoy it.

·
28,939 Posts
I cant complain too much i guess. I mean it is a show on TV about bikes. Holy Calamari Squidman! No mention of any racing, not even a mention of AMERICAN Nicky Hayden winning the last GP race... they were too busy doin wheelies/stoppies IN TRAFFIC... bad publicity for us on this show... im no angel... but they dont need to focus on this through-out the whole show. way to go speed! Doesnt look too impressive so far. and as others have said, ill keep watching.

Greg White was a goober, but i think i'll miss him...[:Opps1]

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Why doesn't one of the major magazines start a bike tv show??? I mean Road Racer X magazine could make a killer weekly tv show and during the off season it could focus on dirt racing (Racer X magazine). Would be sweet.. but NOOOO we get squid-tv!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I guess I got my hopes up for nothing. I actually thought it was going to be a good show and five minutes into it said fuck it and went to bed. [xx(]

·
Registered
950 Posts
What a disappointment. I don't care about the squiddly stuff, I'll watch "Darwin in action" anyday, but the whole "club" thing was gay. It was like showcasing Hell's Angels on American Thunder, not a real positive thing to do for the sport. They did show dude getting pulled over for the burnout, so at least they threw in the veiled "don't do this or ..." message. Track day footage, group rides/fundraiser events coverage, and DIY segments would make the show better. I'll give it one more show before I judge, but so far not so good.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The club thing was definatly not a good image for us, it makes people think that we hang out and drink beer all day and then go out and do a "chalkline" in the middle of the road. This show is pathetic. Some of the streetfighter bikes were cool until they were shown riding wheelies through trafiic infested neighborhoods. Why wont our not watching the show hurt the ratings? How does the rating system work?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i think maybe that first episode was geared more towards nonriders and entertainment.from the previews it talked about riding twisties and trackdays i believe.i think this was kinda to grab the younger mtv crowd as viewers maybe i dunno.
im hoping next week is better.one thing i do gotta say is seemed like less commercials than 2wheel tuesday.
on a side note,corbins ride on before it, actually had a long segment on track days.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by tecateman
i think maybe that first episode was geared more towards nonriders and entertainment.from the previews it talked about riding twisties and trackdays i believe.i think this was kinda to grab the younger mtv crowd as viewers maybe i dunno.
im hoping next week is better.one thing i do gotta say is seemed like less commercials than 2wheel tuesday.
on a side note,corbins ride on before it, actually had a long segment on track days.
We will see, Even Darryl Cannon aka Killboy of www.killboy.com was disapointed with SuperSquids[B)]

http://killboy.com/

·
Registered
510 Posts
The show sucked. I was laughing my ass of at the "rat" club. Kind of a mix between Mad Max and the bikers on Weird Science.

I definitely wish they would say something about lane splitting. I realize it is legal in California, but most people don't and are probably appalled by the site of motorcyclists swerving through traffic. It looks so rude to viewers that are not used to it.

They also appeared to be drinking beer at "the wall" or wherever. WTF? Ride up there with a six pack in your tank bag. lol

It was still a lot better than another NASCAR show. :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by MadViking
The show sucked. I was laughing my ass of at the "rat" club. Kind of a mix between Mad Max and the bikers on Weird Science.

I definitely wish they would say something about lane splitting. I realize it is legal in California, but most people don't and are probably appalled by the site of motorcyclists swerving through traffic. It looks so rude to viewers that are not used to it.

They also appeared to be drinking beer at "the wall" or wherever. WTF? Ride up there with a six pack in your tank bag. lol

It was still a lot better than another NASCAR show. :D

Everyone here that thinks the show sucked should sign up on the speed tv forum. There is a thread already started about "SuperSquids", I signed up this morning and read posts from others that have some of the same concerns as we do here. One guy that I quoted had some really good points about that sucky show.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I should have copy righted the term "SuperSquids", the money would already be flowing in, hahahahhah. TWT was way better then this squidlicious crap Speed is feeding us.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
well damn that sucks. The sad thing is that it seems there are more squids out there than sensible riders, so I fear this show will be a huge success [xx(]

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,898 Posts
Lately I've been getting my family together on Sundays to watch AMA/WSB/MotoGP with me...they're not bikers, but they're getting into it because my dad has a big TV, so I come over and take over the remote on Sundays. But the last few sundays we've had to sit through the commercials for Superbikes, and just watching the commercials with my parents is embarrassing. I'm not upset that they're showing that crap. If SkiniMax can have a cable TV channel, squids can have a cable TV show, I don't give a shit. Couldn't stand TWT anyway. I just don't want to have to sit through squid commercials to get my fill of REAL riding/racing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.