Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So if you go by one of these

doing triple digits, will it read? if so, the first 2 digits or the last 2 digits?

I'mma get flammed hard on this, but just curious and not dumb enough to try it...

· Get off of my lawn Dammit
46,943 Posts
They usually don't pick me up when I'm on my bike. I wish they would so I can see how off my speedo is. My car is off by about 1 mph, best I can tell.

· Registered
930 Posts
They usually don't pick me up when I'm on my bike. I wish they would so I can see how off my speedo is. My car is off by about 1 mph, best I can tell.
Yea they never pick me up either, I'd really like to know how far off it is since I have a -1/+2 and haven't bothered with the speedohealer yet.

But I don't think they read triple digits they will just 00 out I believe. They used that one in that area because I presume they don't expect people to quadruple the speedlimit you squid!

· Get off of my lawn Dammit
46,943 Posts
Yea they never pick me up either, I'd really like to know how far off it is since I have a -1/+2 and haven't bothered with the speedohealer yet.

But I don't think they read triple digits they will just 00 out I believe. They used that one in that area because I presume they don't expect people to quadruple the speedlimit you squid!

We should all neg rape him. f_cktardsquidasspacker. :Laughing rolling:

· Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,532 Posts
I know after a certain speed they flash the speed in RED. Think I was 30 over.
The ones here flash red at anything above the posted limit.

· Registered
1,764 Posts
The ones here flash red at anything above the posted limit.
I think ours around here flash at 5mph over.

Although, I am really confused by one. Residential area with no posted speed limit, and I can't remember if the limit is 25 or 35. The thing started flashing at 30, so I guess it is 25, or it is just set wrong. All the locals I know that live on that road say it is 35 though.....

· What is this place?
18,511 Posts
I think ours around here flash at 5mph over.

Although, I am really confused by one. Residential area with no posted speed limit, and I can't remember if the limit is 25 or 35. The thing started flashing at 30, so I guess it is 25, or it is just set wrong. All the locals I know that live on that road say it is 35 though.....
Dude no mater where you are in the United States it's "25 u less posted otherwise"

· Registered
1,764 Posts

· Registered
1,101 Posts
The new ones around here show "SLOW DOWN" in red whenever you're more than 5 over. They used to register any speed though... obviously not triple digits though.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i asked a real squid about it, he said they just read the last 2 digits if they read at all, and he mentioned some have cameras attached to them ;(

in PA if the road is unmarked its 35 for res and 55 for non-residential areas.

· Registered
770 Posts
Ive hit 92 kms in one for 50 lol. Almost made it but then i got smart and backed off. That was in my car tho

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.