Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone see the stuff online about St. Louis state troopers were impounding bikes that were warm? Regardless if u had been idling in the parking lot or out getting gas? All to stop the ROC 2013?
I myself wouldn't really participate in this event, but its kinda hard not being upset about this!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
2013- first day there were 40 arrests- double of 2012's 19total arrests for the entire weekend

yeah the cops basically shut it down prior to it getting out of their control
they did crazy motorcycle only check points at all the known meeting locations

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Not heard about it..thats nuts what was they finding wrong?
they known thousands of stunnaz flock to their city to cause mayhem, this was the eleventh year and they attempted to kill it before it even got started, they didn't play fair, but when did they ever?

2 people died this year:(

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
The whole thing is ridiculous, from the police officers infringing on the rights of citizens of wanting to ride their motorcycles to people that just ride to infuriate the cagers and the police.

The truth is that motorcycles offer a pretty efficient way to mess with the police, break laws and get away with it and if one thing that this government does not like is not having control of situations so they resort to dirty tactics to discourage riding on that day.

at the end of the day and as many bikes that are on the road it is mostly a moral and legal infringement than danger to the public, 2 people dead on such a humongous ride is actually normal statistics, 2 people died on the Cruiser biker ride against helmet laws and they were not stunting or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I honestly dont care, ive seen the videos on youtube of that event, that whole things needs to be shut down. Those people just go there to be asshats and cause trouble. Just youtube it and you will pretty much be the same to turn a blind eye to what the cops did. I am not supporting police breaking the law, but in some instances its the only way to protect the public and this is one of them. When you lose control of a city like this, the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few, and stopping some stupid 19 year old kid from riding 50 MPH down a residential side walk doing a wheelie means that a blanket approach needs to be used, so be it. Its only a matter of time before one of those idiots runs over a kid.

·
Pursebully
37,528 Posts
I honestly dont care, ive seen the videos on youtube of that event, that whole things needs to be shut down. Those people just go there to be asshats and cause trouble. Just youtube it and you will pretty much be the same to turn a blind eye to what the cops did. I am not supporting police breaking the law, but in some instances its the only way to protect the public and this is one of them. When you lose control of a city like this, the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few, and stopping some stupid 19 year old kid from riding 50 MPH down a residential side walk doing a wheelie means that a blanket approach needs to be used, so be it. Its only a matter of time before one of those idiots runs over a kid.
Agreed

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
problem solved!

try and run you sprocketed-out fuggin' 6th gear goin 65mph stunt bikaz

the bike organization informed the public and riders alike of the event, if it is honestly "that dangerous" why would you travel down the highways listed in the event outline?

one lady was screaming that it was dangerous to travel down certain highways, then proceeds to still travel down said highways with her kids...if you knowingly are aware of the issue and do nothing to protect yourself/family IE take alternative routes avoiding as much of the ride as possible, or just don't drive that day.... highways and vehicles are inherently dangerous, don't play the game if you cannot accept the potential outcomes.

all i have to say is atleast these guys/gals aren't texting...
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/motorcycleonlycheckpoints.aspx

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/09/ride_of_the_century_deaths_michael_evans_justin_rohe.php

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/09/ride_of_the_century_arrest_reports_st_louis.php

Attachments

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The truth is that motorcycles offer a pretty efficient way to mess with the police, break laws and get away with it and if one thing that this government does not like is not having control of situations so they resort to dirty tactics to discourage riding on that day.
not sure who you think you are, but they get your plate # from 250+ feet away these days, and let ya run back to your house.
you get some certified mail about 3-5 days later...

no street bike can out run cameras and a radio

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Agreed.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts

try and run you sprocketed-out fuggin' 6th gear goin 65mph stunt bikaz

the bike organization informed the public and riders alike of the event, if it is honestly "that dangerous" why would you travel down the highways listed in the event outline?

one lady was screaming that it was dangerous to travel down certain highways, then proceeds to still travel down said highways with her kids...if you knowingly are aware of the issue and do nothing to protect yourself/family IE take alternative routes avoiding as much of the ride as possible, or just don't drive that day.... highways and vehicles are inherently dangerous, don't play the game if you cannot accept the potential outcomes.

all i have to say is atleast these guys/gals aren't texting...
Motorcycle Only Checkpoints
Ride of The Century Fatalities, Arrests: Michael Evans Clips Cop Car, Crashes, Police Say

Ride of the Century Aftermath: 47 Arrests, 58 Motorcycles Towed in St. Louis City (REPORTS)
Everyone has a right to use the road normally - these asshats want the attention - they got it.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Everyone has a right to use the road normally - these asshats want the attention - they got it.
at the expense of the innocent or maybe innocent. im sure the asshats came prepared with enclosed trailers, etc. the people that just showed up to ride w/ the ride got screwed

you would think the residents would want police to deal with some serious crimes versus discouraging bikers to ever visit the most dangerous city in the USA...seriously why would anyone want to travel to MO? unless you are planning to get away with a murder

·
Pursebully
37,528 Posts
This.

And I'm pretty sure they didn't claim rights to the sidewalks if in fact they were stunting on them. It doesn't matter if they announce it ahead of the time, they still need to be respectful of the laws unless the highways were closed down specifically for this event.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
This.

And I'm pretty sure they didn't claim rights to the sidewalks if in fact they were stunting on them. It doesn't matter if they announce it ahead of the time, they still need to be respectful of the laws unless the highways were closed down specifically for this event.
the organization promoters/organizers encouraged everyone to obey all traffic laws/regulations. let me find the link...
http://www.ksdk.com/assetpool/documents/130830090612_Streetfighterz%20Ride%20of%20the%20Century%202013%20announcement.pdf
"The Streetfighterz organization strongly encourages anyone that attends the ride to please ride safely, respectfully and in the boundaries of the law."

do they do random murder checkpoints just because there is an abundance of murders that occur in this state? arresting everyone with a firearm or knife, because they have the potential to use it? but if used correctly, within the boundaries of the law, its legal

im trying to make a connection here between tools used to commit crimes and tools used in everyday life, that are used in the legal boundaries of the laws.

every time you take your firearm with you, do you blast off a round or two for giggles?
every time you ride your sport bike, do you wheelie, while standing on your gas tank?

1 - 20 of 192 Posts