Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these themselves? I will be buying one very soon and wonder if I could possibly do it myself.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can do it yourself but I would recommend you consider either a Factory Pro (my choice) or Ivan's jet kit. They cost more but they seem to have put more work into them. I guess I am just prejudiced against DynoJet and K&N.

·
Registered
53 Posts
don't buy a K&N(dynojet)... I made that mistake and boy....what a disaster - In dynojet's defense the zx6r varies widely from bike to bike, but the final settings that I ended up with were FAR from what dynojet recomended started out at. Also, during one of the MANY phone calls with Dynojet discussing their less than fantanstic kit they told me that the kit was designed for use with a stock filter, so if you have a K&N filter, you'll have to do a lot of extra work, because their recomendations are quite a bit off where you'll need to end up. Hope that made sense... I have since installed a factory race jet kit which is fantastic, though that kit required drilling and tapping the carb body :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
what exactly is a jet kit? is it like putting a cold air intake on a car? what all does it entail, i mean how do u install it and how does it work and stuff?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Depends on the kit and the maker. A Factory Pro kit for my '95 ZX-6R had an assortment of main jets, new slide springs, needles and a couple of drill bits to drill out the main air jets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.