Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's late, I can't sleep and I wanted to see some of the various stages of my bikes life since I first got it until now. figured I could share with everyone else while I was at it. Pics are in order by date but I didn't post dates as that was too much work to figure out.

The day i brought it home - 7/6/06

De-flaming it

Front signals and plate relocated

Front brake lines, Puig double bubble screen and custom slip-on

Cox radiator guard, painted upper triple and fully de-flamed

First ever track day, low sided :(

Fairing stitches and 1 new(ish) rear wheel (red ones are for track now)

Matching gray front wheel and rear hugger

Installing the ZX6RR rear shock

The current stage in my bikes life, Micron Serpent full exhaust installed, ZX6RR forks, 2007 ZX6R Nissin front calipers

Besides the obvious flame removal, rear hugger and wheel change, the majority of mods have been for performance and improved feel of the bike to me. Here they are in no particular order:
Pazzo shorty levers
2006 ZX6RR rear shock with linkages and front forks
CA smog equipment removed along with the PAIR mod
2007 ZX6R Nissin front calipers with braided lines
2007 ZX6R rear caliper, master and reservoir with braided line
1/5 throttle mod
Power Commander III USB
Micron Serpent full exhaust system with custom Yoshimura end can
Ivan's servo eliminator
Speedohealer
Jumper mod
K&N air filter
Galfer rear rotor
Cox Radiator guard
Shogun frame sliders

Big post, ya but so what, I had fun doing it :p

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm awake too... very weird because I was just looking at your Nissin brake swap thread and then came to across this. In about a year maybe I'll have enough done to make my own little thread like this.

I've grown used to your rashed fairings, but do you ever plan on replacing them?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not going to replace it until I get some race fairings which will be when I get a second bike and make this one a dedicated track bike.

I've had an hour sleep now. Was woken up by a dog barking and a popping noise in the alley where I live. Turns out an apartment just a few down from mine caught fire which was causing the popping. Been watching the fire fighters at work.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Cool man.

Sometimes when I look at a pic of my bike in stock form when I first got her, I get all warm and fuzzy inside

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sucks u lowsided it the first time you ever tracked it. You plannen on getting it fixed anytime soon or do like riding around with battle scars? I think it gives it character:)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sucks u lowsided it the first time you ever tracked it. You plannen on getting it fixed anytime soon or do like riding around with battle scars? I think it gives it character:)
The battle scars have been there since 02/2007. Not in a rush to get em replaced, the fairings are still doing their job as far as I'm concerned. And I agree, it gives it character :D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Almost every friend that I have who keeps his bike pristine, wrecked the first time they went to the track. One of my buddies who never washes his bike(s) hasn't ever been down. Street or track.

I'm just saying......mine's dirty.

--David

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Almost every friend that I have who keeps his bike pristine, wrecked the first time they went to the track. One of my buddies who never washes his bike(s) hasn't ever been down. Street or track.

I'm just saying......mine's dirty.

--David
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dude, if you are any good any body work, you can easily 'fix' that lower fairing.

Just take it off, use some resin on the back of the fairing in the place of the 'stitches' to hold it together, then use Bondo body filler and fill all of the holes and lay a thin layer of the scratches wet sand it up to 1200 or 1600 grit sand paper, (the whole thing) then use flat black rattle can and it will look good as new. (flat wont show tiger stripes like a gloss rattle can would)

Then just use touch up paint on the upper fairing seeming there is only a little scuff.

·
Registered
949 Posts
ye they say the track is the safest place to ride...maybe for the rider not so much the bike...thats why when i do trackdays ill be riding some salvaged pos

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude, if you are any good any body work, you can easily 'fix' that lower fairing.

Just take it off, use some resin on the back of the fairing in the place of the 'stitches' to hold it together, then use Bondo body filler and fill all of the holes and lay a thin layer of the scratches wet sand it up to 1200 or 1600 grit sand paper, (the whole thing) then use flat black rattle can and it will look good as new. (flat wont show tiger stripes like a gloss rattle can would)

Then just use touch up paint on the upper fairing seeming there is only a little scuff.
I don't have the skills for body work. It's obvious that I really am not that concerned about the fairings any how, I have been riding the bike like that for a year and a half. They still work and serve their purpose, they will get replaced when I finally get track plastics.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Cool pics man,
i have tried to find my pics of when i bought my 6R to no avail (2 computers died with pics on it), but did find some of the early stages...adding the akra system and various other parts..
Hell i should make a scrapbook

1 - 14 of 14 Posts