Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving at 55mph with choke closed, the bike will not go any faster it seems to stay at 55mph. But if I open choke it will max speed of 60mph. Can anyone help me on this issue. I am new to motorcycles. The bike is a used 2005 kawasaki ninja 250. Someone mentioned to me the bike is lean on the top end and could use a larger main jet. What does that exactly mean? thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a real person. I was not able to log into the kawasaki forum with my vulcan forum log in info. Therefore I had to create a new account for this forum. Can u answer my question about the stalling. this question is actually for my brother who owns the bike and I did not know he asked the same question

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's the quick fix ... take the carbs off and wrap them up in tin foil with a potato and some butter; two layers of tin foil.

Throw the whole thing in a campfire and let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes, something in the potato juice makes them work better!:cool:

Just kidding man, take the bike to a dealer.:D

·
Registered
523 Posts
If I even touch the choke on my bike the engine immediately slows and dies. Everyone tells me that in cold weather it will not do that, that it's normal, and that it only helps in cold weather, blah blah blah, but no one has actually watched it. I thought I should at least be able to check it's operation without it causing my engine to slow and then stall; I mean, shouldin't it increase the idle speed?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If I even touch the choke on my bike the engine immediately slows and dies. Everyone tells me that in cold weather it will not do that, that it's normal, and that it only helps in cold weather, blah blah blah, but no one has actually watched it. I thought I should at least be able to check it's operation without it causing my engine to slow and then stall; I mean, shouldin't it increase the idle speed?
when are you playing with the choke... after the bike is warmed up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts