Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the fuel filter is located under the gas tank.. you will see a hose that runs from the tank to the filter then to the pump.. this sounds like a problem i had a while back.. my gas was bad..and plugs were fucked up..

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I had a very similar experience.
Ended up water had gotten into my tank, and got into the engine from there.
I drained the tank, and the carbs, and it runs much better now.
I still have some slight hesitations I did not have before, but I think thats just cause my plugs got fowled up from the water, I'll be replacing them this week.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
832 Posts
HELP!! I have a 00 zx-6r with 1400 miles on it and I was on my way home yesterday and I
got about 2 miles down the road and I started to lose power, it started chugging and gasping
so I pulled over, I had gas but I decided to switch to reserve, I let it sit a couple seconds
started it back up and I got about 50 yards before it started sputtering again. It was
idleling rough and it would not allow me to rev it up past 2-3k or else it would stall.
I put some gas and dry gas in it switched it back to primary and let it idle for about 30
minutes at this point it was idleling better and I could rev it to 6k sometimes other times it
rev but it was not crisp and clean sounding. I tried to ride it and it will putt around first
gear but you try second and it just does not want any part of it. No clue whats up! , does this
bike have a fuel pump? And where is the fuel filter as well? Any suggestions would help out
a bunch.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Let me know how the plug change goes, I want to get to my plugs to check them as well I just dont know how I am going to get to them ! I removed my tank and drained it and I am going to get to the carbs and replace the fuel filter when it stops raining,

Thanks for the help

Stock Mean Green
Matching gloves,helmet and Kawi green coat

·
Registered
832 Posts
Is anyone familiar with removing the spark plug wires, I want to see what color my plugs are but I am unsure of how to remove the wires and I do not want to break anything

Stock Mean Green
Matching gloves,helmet and Kawi green coat

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your bike doesn't have wires like on a car... it has a boot that sits on top of the spark plug... there is a electrical plug that runs to the boot.. just unplug it and pull the boot up.. simple

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.