Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My redline stand is in the mail as we speak. I'll let you know if it is worth the money or not.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I did research as well, and am going pitbull.. I did this for a couple of reasons..

1. Was a true universal fit for multiple bikes..
2. Am going with the SS (swingarm, and Spool)
3. Some universal stands use a spring loaded contraption to adjust the contact points.. the pitbull is a sliding bar that is screwed into the proper placement...

Just my thoughts....

·
Registered
355 Posts
How much were they in 411? I thought the prices were pretty much stable... In hawaii.. I think I can get the SS for $135.. They may be cheaper over there, but the shipping would kill any discounts..

·
Registered
355 Posts
not any cheaper for the list price, but cheaper if you don't have the shipping... here there are dealers that have it for $135.... I just save on the shipping is all I am saying..
On the Pitbull web site, they list some dealers for many states.. check them out because if they are close to you, you may save on the shipping..

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm very happy with my Hindles. They feel very solid, don't lack ANY stability, and are priced better than Pitbull. Do yourself a favor though and invest in the spool type for the rear. It's worth a few bucks more imo...

·
Registered
8 Posts
eh, I dunno. I am still leaning towards the PitBull. They are not all that much more than the others out there and they are the undisputed best. besides I can use it with either the spools or the swingarm supports so I will never have to buy another stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys,

I did a search on the subject but didn't come up with the answers I was looking for. I am in the market for a stand(s). I hear that PitBull makes the best. I also like how they have a stand (the SS) that has both spool and swingarm adapters. Is there any other stand out there that has this feature? Anyways, what are some other stands out there that I should look at? Is there anything out there better than PitBull? I have heard about handystands and redlinestands, but don't know if they are worth looking at. Also, I know that LP and Hindle makes a stand along with Targa.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
CRAP! This just had to happen. Now I am looking for stands! And I thought shopping around for riding gear was a bitch! At least I knew something about riding gear!! I don't believe I know all that much on stands.

I think a stand would come in very handy at times. It makes cleaning, maintenance and oil changes so much easier (I would imagine). Also, it is good for the tires. So, I think it is time to buy some.

Well, I think I actually need some advice here, folks. I normally give it, but I will take some this time. Of course, I have a 929 which isn't accommodated by a standard rear stand due to the uneven swingarm. PitBull makes a shim for the 929 that makes their stands work with the 929 (I am assuming the shim only works with PitBull stands). Anyway, I find this nice because I don't have to buy a stand solely for the 929. This means that when I want to buy another bike (or when I want to use the stand on my 954), I won’t have to get another stand. I can just take the shim off. Is there any other stand out there that would allow me to do this? Powerstands look right up there in quality (and price) with PitBull, but they don't make a shim or anything like that. Redlinestands doesn't even make a 929 stand. LP, Handy Industries and the rest make a stand for the 929, but it is only for the 929. I couldn't use it for any other bike. Also, I like how PitBull and Powerstands have both swingarm and bobbin attachment capabilities. Since the 929 doesn’t have a place for bobbins, I will have to use the swingarm mount, but I would like the bobbin mount in case I get a bike down the road that has a place for bobbin attachments (since that mount is more stable than the swingarm mount). Well, unless someone knows about a stand that I don’t, it looks like I will need to get a PitBull stand to meet my needs. That sound about right?

So, what about a front stand? They make a few different kinds that I know of. I am most-familiar with the fork lifters and the ones that lift the bike from the steering stem. Is the only major benefit to the steering stem stands the ability to work on the forks (not that I ever do, anyway)? That is the only thing that I can think of besides, maybe, a little added stability. If I could get away with not having to buy a PitBull front stand, then that would save me some extra money.

Thanks, fellas.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
speedvlaze,

The Pit Bull stand will be the last stand you buy, even if you get another bike that takes spools.

A front stand that lifts at the forks is a bit quicker. Consider one if you use tire warmers after every session at the track. Otherwise, a stand that lifts at the steering stem allows you to remove the forks. You can also use it to change the front ride height by raising or lowering the forks in the triple clamps, or to measure the extended fork length when setting sag.

Pit Bull makes a converter that allows their stand that lifts at forks to also lift at the steering stem.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Thanks, Rob. I already knew about the things you mentioned. I was just trying to rationalize my thoughts. I think I will go with the PitBull.

Maybe I should consider prostitution for covering my bike expenses.[:p]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.