Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding around yesterday...and there is this road by my house It has to be about a mile long and its straight as can be... so I shift down to 2nd gear and decide to do a standup. Everything is going good...speed is good, height is good, balance is good... so I decided to put the front wheel down...and I start to go into a violent tank slapper...my buddy said it looked like I was riding a bull... first time it ever happened to me and I hope the last....i do not know what caused it...any ideas?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Was the front wheel stopped? I bet if it was, it would cause you to go into a pretty bad tank slapper when it hit the ground.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Was the front wheel stopped? I bet if it was, it would cause you to go into a pretty bad tank slapper when it hit the ground.
mine always stops that has nothing to do with it. my guess is your wheel was turned setting it down. or on the yellow/white line. iv seen them cause tank slappers.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah my wheel is stopped also. Infact when you're up there and you get wheelie wobble I heard you're supposed to apply your front brake to stop the tire from spinning, gaining more speed and more wobble.

I come down, smoke is there :D I love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.