Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i can do 2nd gear clutch ups pretty easy getting it up.... havent rode them out yet tho since i always pull back the throttle to bring it up then pretty much let off instead of holding it to keep the bike up.

but i want to try staggered stand up to see if thats easier for me.

my question is, will i get a lot of wobble with running the stock recommended rear tire pressure or should i drop it a bit? this is a street driven bike so i would prefer not to have to change the tire pressure all the time just for wheelies... but should i be ok trying it with full pressure or what?

·
Registered
312 Posts
dude i was standing up on my back pegs and keeping them up until I got an oil light...as soon as i started touching like 85 mph, the tire would wobble. I'd say its a speed thing more than a throttle control deal.

I was curious about this question as well...

I'll try 30 psi cold and see how it does

·
Registered
668 Posts
are you telling me im wrong. i do more wheelies in one practice session that youve done your whole life.

the higher the pressure is the better you have to be on throttle.

why did you ever get to 85? b.c. you chasing bp...or coming in and out...which translates to poor throttle control. thats why it wobbles. i rode my friends bone stock 06 636 and killed highway for like 4 miles thru turns. stock PSI whatever it is set at from the dealer. i didnt touch it and he didnt touch it.

wouldnt i get wobbly thru corners? no...good throttle control.

cool, way to be standing on your back pegs! what happens when you go behind BP and into engine brake and freak out? im willing to bet your not running a handbrake...so if youre as inexperienced as you sound youd go down @ 85 and hopefully not kill yourself.

i hope you wear alot of gear.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was going 85 because i didnt feel like slowing down to bring it up, son. Either way, poor throttle control or not, it doesent happen when I'm going slower (like 55-70mph)

Trust me, I wouldnt let the back tire get under me, as stupid as it sounds, I'm very anal and careful about that...if i dont like the way it came up, i put it back down...fuck tryin to ride it out

·
Registered
668 Posts
thats because when youre in the same gear...going faster...i.e. 85 mph you have more engine brake in higher rpms. making the bike more responsive to throttle inputs...i.e. wobbly. again. throttle control. dude. i have the remedy for it. you can either be smoother with throttle or put your damn right foot over the rear brake and when you go too far back ... well ... use it if you reaaaally need it. practice it more and it wont wobble.

tell me why i hit the highways and dont get wobble on my STUNBIKE with a bent rear wheel...i put the tires on...and have never had it balanced.

25psi and call it a day.

highway wheelies arent stunting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i went out and last night with some friends last night after I got a new back tire (my other one had a flat in it) I dont know how much air i put in it (bycicle pump! I'm guessing 30psi?) but i didnt get wobbles until the road started curving and it made me nervous. I just have to work on steering it now with it on 1 wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.