Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !

Just reading through the site pages and does anyone have any advice on stopping my 01 ZX6R from standing up on the brakes ?

I have altered the stock suspension settings to those given out in performance bikes, and it cerainly drops into corners better and is much more stable on turn in. Havent got round to jacking the back up a bit yet tho.

Just doesnt like late braking / braking into the start of a turn, just wants to keep standing up. Advice would be appreciated.

Guy

Get ya knee down

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think that has more to do with physics than suspension settings.

Loose is fast and on the edge you're out of control.

·
Registered
20 Posts
guy
you need to finish your braking before you go in to a corner,this is what is causing your bike to stand up.it's the law of physics.
brake in a straight line then tip into the bend.

I've got the PB settings dialled in my J2 but i've gone 1 click softer all round for the road.find this a lot better.have got the back jacked up 8mm.handles superb.

where u from in yorkshire?i live in halifax mate.

John

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Gotta learn to trust your bike. It will turn harder than you give it credit for, provided the turn isn't full of loose gravel.

And yes, the idea is to set up your corner speed BEFORE you start into the corner. Accelerating through corners is much better than braking into 'em when you realize you're in too hot. Plus your exit position and speed will be better.

TRACK DAYS and / or TRACK COURSES... it'll make you a WAY better rider.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You should be gently rolling on the throttle through the corners so the bike is properly balanced, if you're on the brakes you're loading the front end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.