Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can safely leave the bike on the stands. The spools take a bit of Loctite and are left in their mounts.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
One word of caution. Those fork end front stands are very easy to knock the bike off of.

----

-gary

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by -gary

One word of caution. Those fork end front stands are very easy to knock the bike off of.
Thanks, I'll definately keep that in mind. If anybody is looking for spools, I got mine from Kyle racing. They leave plenty of clearance around the swingarm.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok, I just got my stands and had a quick question. Can I assume it's ok to leave the bike on the stands all of the time? Also can the spools be left in while riding?

I just had to include a picture!
/forum/uploads/jmickle11/stands.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
those stands look very similar to handy stands. BTW, the bike looks good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got my stand from http://www.redlinestands.com for $60 and it works great. Thats the cheapest I found too. I forget where I bought my spools from but you can get the spool rear stand from redline for the price of the regular rear stand if you email dude and tell him youre an R1 forum member. Thats what I did, shipping was fast too. Heres a pic of my bike on it. And no im not trying to make a sell or anything, i was just really satisfied with it when I got it because i was sceptical about it being so cheap and all.

MDzx6r has attached this file: newzx6rside1.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by 03zx-6rrman

nice tool box.......
Thanks. Luckily I've always bought metric toos at the same time I bought the standard! The stands are from Handy. For the price, I couldn't pass them up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nice lookin' bike - love the color! Your garage looks EXACTLY like the one my girlfriend used to live at in Greenfield ... the shelves are laid out EXACTLY in the same manner ....In fact, your little green propane grill looks EXACTLY like the one she gave to the neighbors, right down to the TWO propane tanks when she moved out!!! Did you get that grill FREE/CHEAP when you moved in? You obviously saw my green/white Ninja there and wanted one for yourself!

Whether that's her old apartment or not, it's still TOTALLY TRIPPY!!!

------

Keep the g's on!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by Citabria

Nice lookin' bike - love the color! Your garage looks EXACTLY like the one my girlfriend used to live at in Greenfield ... the shelves are laid out EXACTLY in the same manner ....In fact, your little green propane grill looks EXACTLY like the one she gave to the neighbors, right down to the TWO propane tanks when she moved out!!! Did you get that grill FREE/CHEAP when you moved in? You obviously saw my green/white Ninja there and wanted one for yourself!

Whether that's her old apartment or not, it's still TOTALLY TRIPPY!!!

------

Keep the g's on!
Well, I live in Muncie and it's a house. That is very strange! I thought I was the only one who looked at pictures to see what else you can see other than the bike!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
whats the point of having the stands? does it mess up your tires or anything to just sit there the whole time?
JLI

------

black 03 636,yosh tri oval pipe and lots of goodies on the way

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The point of a rear stand (and the front to a lesser extent) is primarily so that you can prop the bike upright while you work on it or what not... The other reason is for long term storage. If your bike (or any other vechicle) sits on its tires too long it can create "flat spots" on the tread, which makes the tire pretty much useless and forces you to have to replace it/them.

------

The truth is out there...
...its just a matter of knowing where to look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks for the explanation thats what i figured but was just curious
JLI

------

black 03 636,yosh tri oval pipe and lots of goodies on the way

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.