Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo apparently on my way home i picked up a staple (not the little one, the ones that hold pallets together) in my rear tire.
I dont feel safe to be driving with a plug sooo new tire is needed, how much bigger can i go? anyone have a specific tire they like over another brand?

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
There's a few tire threads on the last couple pages, mang.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i did use the search option, searched "tires" and didn't find anything on bigger tire siezes, pretty sure i read somewhere a 150 70 17. I'm wanting a wider tire.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Going to a 150 will negatively effect your performance, keep that in mind. Also, you'll have to make some adjustments. There is another thread on it in the few few pages... pics and all.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Going to a 150 will negatively effect your performance, keep that in mind. Also, you'll have to make some adjustments. There is another thread on it in the few few pages... pics and all.
As for slower turn-in yes. Performance in general, well that depends on the tire.

·
Registered
74 Posts
if the staple went in the middel of tire, then why don't you just take it out and patch from inside... they have kits...

I got a screw nailed in the center of my tire on my honda bike and took it to shop(no choice happened on ride route..emergency repair) and they just plugged a patch from inside. It have riding it now, so far 300miles and no problem,,, had it up to 80mph and no problem... I am waiting another 5k miles then replace tire...it the rear tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts