Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
thats gonna be wild. I saw a dude run busa with a turbo on it and he couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground. Its was sick.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
After taking one look at that extended swingarm I would say yes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey when you get that done I want to check it out. What are you using to tune it? How much boost do you plan on running? Are you using the stock engine? I'm thinking about turboing mine over the winter

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You'd better be doing some internals while you're at it, unless you only plan to run a couple psi boost...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by MaDgamEr
You'd better be doing some internals while you're at it, unless you only plan to run a couple psi boost...
I don't think STEVEP did anything internal and I wanna say he was running 6lbs safely...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by tdahle

I don't think STEVEP did anything internal and I wanna say he was running 6lbs safely...
x2
I only plan on running max around 8-10psi right now...along with my PCIII, I also have the Ignition module from Dynojet and can retard the timing 10 degree's, which should help out also...

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come check it out when im done....the engine is bone stock with 13000+ miles on it....im gunna tune it with a PCIIIUSB and the Dynojet Ignition Mudule...

Originally posted by Bunit
Hey when you get that done I want to check it out. What are you using to tune it? How much boost do you plan on running? Are you using the stock engine? I'm thinking about turboing mine over the winter

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
awsome man, keep us posted on the outcome. my bud has got that same bike stretched 7 inches and wants to turbo his also.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That turbo looks very much like a TD04-9B housing. It will be intereting to see how it fits to the 636. What are you doing for oil and water lines (if any)? I agree with everyone else, that thing is gonna be sick as hell.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think SteveP blew an engine before he got it tuned right but I could be wrong. If your engine doesn't blow immediatly I know what I'm doing this winter

1 - 20 of 104 Posts