Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, anybody know what size flywheel puller i need to pull the flywheel on an 01 zx6r? my starter clutch took a shit.

thanks

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts
whats up guys, anybody know what size flywheel puller i need to pull the flywheel on an 01 zx6r? my starter clutch took a shit.

thanks
I'm pretty sure you don't need a flywheel puller on motorcycle flywheels. They don't mate like car flywheels do. When I replaced the sprag clutch on the ducati I just pulled the crank end bolt off then slid the stator off, removed the woodruf key and slid the flywheel/flange/driven gear assembly off, no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
most bikes need pullers, some are just bolts, others, like a 01 zx6r crankshaft, need a puller that looks like a pipe coupling with a bolt in the other side. the large side is threaded onto the flywheel, and the bolt is impacted into the crank to pull the flywheel off.

anybody know how much a one way bearing goes for for an 01 zx6r?

thanks

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts
most bikes need pullers, some are just bolts, others, like a 01 zx6r crankshaft, need a puller that looks like a pipe coupling with a bolt in the other side. the large side is threaded onto the flywheel, and the bolt is impacted into the crank to pull the flywheel off.

anybody know how much a one way bearing goes for for an 01 zx6r?

thanks
Yeah, i know what it is, I just figured it didn't make any sense for a bike to be designed to need one.

The part is $90 MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just find it hard to believe nobody has this tool. i've been to alot of sites looking for it along with a few local shops with no luck. oh well, off to the stealership next week.:Damn: thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts