Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 concours.Switch on handle bar shot I bought a momentary switch and wired it to the connections on the solenoid.I blew a 10 -20- and 30 amp fuse .Some one suggested it has to be wired to one of the 2 wire connector that sits on the side of the solenoid.I am useless when it comes to electrics There is a red and yellow wire with a black and yellow wire in the connector on the side of the solenoid. How do I wire the momentary switch properly so I can use a 30 am fuse inline to protect the circuit? Please also reply to ripcbx1 at yahoo com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Starter Switch

Well Bob was right,has to be in the safety cut outs.Finally have a day to work outside in.Went out and replaced the Jbox Didn't help.Pulled the clutch switch and sprayed it with WD no good. Took the bike off the side stand in Neutral and bike started.Put it back on side stand and bike started?To wet in driveway to put on centerstand to remove side stand to get to switch as I sink into the dirt just standing by the dirt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
starter switch

Turned out to be frayed wires to the clutch lock out connector.Don't know how but the wire inside the harness about an inch from the connector going into the switch on the clutch was missing it's insulation Not burnt) and was frayed to the point only 8 strnds were still holding it together.The wire next to it has a few strands stickig thru the insulation so i guess when they touche no start.Soldered the bad wire and reinsukated it also taped the other wire and retaped the boundle.Wirdest thing is the bike came this way as the wrap holding all three wires was stock not a rewrap and the frayed wire had no insulation on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts