Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. im going to remove starter cover and main cover from my 2006 zx10r. im going to0 set new ones. as i see starter cover is connected with starter. so im interested how to take it off? can someone show the way? in manual it is not shown :( help me.

p.s. i cant remove seat!!! what to do?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Dot to be a dick, but if you can't remove the seat on your own, working on the starter might be a bad plan...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dot to be a dick, but if you can't remove the seat on your own, working on the starter might be a bad plan...

if u cant help then dont write here ok? i have problems. and this is new bike for me. on my ex bike removing seat was easy. it had own key. forum is for helping each other. not for saying mean words. thank you.

please someone answer on my questions. and sorry for my bad english

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
LnL, I'm a huge fan of yours, but I think we need to cut this guy a break. I have wrenched on tons of vehicles but it took me a while to get up the nerve to wrench on my 10R. I was terrified of breaking plastics while removing them. Plus, the 06-07 has those small side pieces that if you have never removed can seem like you're going to snap them trying to get them off (seat side covers). I do think your concerns are warranted however, but I'm all for encouraging folks to wrench on their own bikes, especially after two dealers screwed stuff up on mine. :eek:

if u cant help then dont write here ok? i have problems. and this is new bike for me. on my ex bike removing seat was easy. it had own key. forum is for helping each other. not for saying mean words. thank you.

please someone answer on my questions. and sorry for my bad english
So all of that having been said above, LnL does have a point. You need to make sure you are comfortable with what you are wanting to attempt before to dig into it. Do you have anyone that can assist you if you get stuck? I sent you PM with an extremely helpful link in it, best of luck to you!

And don't worry about your English, there are plenty of people on this forum who post nothing but bad English and it's their primary language! :evil6:

·
Registered
26 Posts
From memory you shouldnt need to remove the seat to get at the stator cover on your model but to get the seat off you remove the 2 side panels under the seat by removing the small allen key bolts, then unclipping the covers from their rubber mounts (this can feel like your going to snap the fairing sometimes but if your firm but gentle you wont)

Then remove the 2 Allen key bots under the seat holding it down and your done.

As for stator cover you shouldnt need to drain your oil just have the bike on the side stand (not a race stand as this will send the oil to the other side of the bike) and make sure the bike is relatively cold to ensure all your oil is in the sump not the cases as it will dirty you garage floor.

Remove the side panel fairing and the nuts holding on the Stator cover. Easy!!!!!

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
O.P. I strongly recommend you get a service manual and a friend that knows what they are doing. I have a feeling you are not technically proficient enough with this bike yet and you run the risk of causing more harm than good.

Get a factory service manual,

Get on-site help,

Don't do anything out of your immediate capability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts