Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm beginning my motor swap during the next couple weeks and am not 100% sure i have all the "electronics" i am going to need to get the job done. I have bought the motor, throttle body, throttle body harness, main harness, ecu, junction box, fuel pump, and fuel tank. If any one that has completed this swap can chime in and verify that i have all that im going to need to get it complete i would definitely appreciate it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Began to pull the motor yesterday, unfortunately the paint on the fuel tank didn't match the original paint so I'm painting all the fairings with a white plastidip. My buddy is letting me use his house garage to do the rest beginning Saturday, so I'll update when I can!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The toughest part seems to be getting all the wiring harness leads to the right places, it's not exactly plug and play. I just went through the 636 harness and labeled each connection. It's a slow process but I'm determined :banghead::beer:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Keep the updates coming, This kind of project is great to follow!

Good luck with the wiring, it's definitely meticulous work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bent a rod... :thumbdown: it was the second engine I had put in it in 6 months, granted I bought the bike used and abused as a stunter. So I figure if I'm gonna spend anymore time working on it again I might as well have a little fun :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts