Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have a zzr600 d2 and we're having trouble starting in a morning. She will begrudgingly bump start after a couple of goes,then when she's fired, she will only run very lumpy and refuse to respond to throttle for 4 minutes, then acts like something alters and she revs up and runs just fine. Battery has been checked, new plugs, ht leads, coils, cleaned petcock and its seals, changed fuel filter, air filter, checked diagrams all to no avail. When we go to start her later on after home from work she fires up no problem 9 times out of 10, then it's the same thing, poor running after a bump for 4 minutes, then perfectly happy after that!! Has anyone got any other ideas what this could possibly be? Thanks for reading!!

Registered
Sounds to me like you have carb issues too buddy, Haynes manual specifies 11mm float height and 1.5 turns out on the mixture screws +/- 0.25 turns, something in the back of my mind tells me 1.75-2 turns out and they run better...

Check the strainer in the fuel tap/tank as well as they can get clogged with rust/crap sometimes too...

Having other issues with my 03 plate E series, carbs cleaned/set but can't find mixture screw settings, deffo not 1.5 out +/- 0.25 though I know that much... :rolleyes:

Good luck... 馃槵(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts