Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i cant get my bike started once again. Thing is i blocked off the intake tubes since it was raining out and i was trailering the bike. SO i bring it home and try to fire it but couldnt get it to start. I kept trying and i occasionally heard some exhaust noises... maybe 1 cyl firing once in a while. I then realized i had no air going in... this is after trying to start numerous times. Now I cant get it started though... do u think the plugs may be fouled or what might i be doing wrong?! I had it choked all the way the whole time. Please help me asap... thanks!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you are saying you were trying to start it w/ the intake covered and then it wouldn't start after you removed the covers, I would say change the plugs b/c you have flooded the hell out of her.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sure sounds like you got too much fuel in and not enough air. Taking out the plugs would speed up drying them, but you may want to try this first before removing the plugs. Open the throttle all the way while starting (choke off). It allows more air to enter and it should start right up. I believe this tip is in your owners manual. It was in my honda cbr manual. Works on cars with carburetors too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.