Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new to the group and I have a 97 zx6r that only wants to start about half the time. When you hit the starter button it turns over, then rattles like hell and doesn’t start. Sometimes it will start first click perfectly. I’ve replaced starter clutch and starter but the problem persist. My next thought is the flywheel. Any thoughts or similar experiences ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello I’m new to the group and I have a 97 zx6r that only wants to start about half the time. When you hit the starter button it turns over, then rattles like hell and doesn’t start. Sometimes it will start first click perfectly. I’ve replaced starter clutch and starter but the problem persist. My next thought is the flywheel. Any thoughts or similar experiences ?
Bump! Same issue persist, I’ve taken stator cover off a hundred times everything looks perfect, maybe I got a bad starter clutch? The rollers inside and springs all stay in place and look good. I don’t understand what the issue could be and roll starting is getting a bit old at this point, thanks for any help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts