Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some SeaFoam in my little Ninja and this stuff works. It is a must for all 250 owner.

End of line.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'll swear by it too... it helped with my clogged fuel system in my 250. I've used it on carb and FI motors, as well as piston and rotary applications and I've always had good results.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll swear by it too... it helped with my clogged fuel system in my 250. I've used it on carb and FI motors, as well as piston and rotary applications and I've always had good results.
Exactly. This post should be a sticky because so many riders experience problems that SeaFoam will almost instantly 'cure.'

It's a fuel stabilizer, carb cleaner and miracle juice all in one. Just don't drink it.

How many posts have we read on rough idle, difficulty starting and "engine died" topics? SeaFoam should be almost mandatory now for 250 and carb owners, especially due to the ethanol fuels.

·
Registered
267 Posts
just dont use it on an engine that has a crap load of miles, 'cause it'll clean out the carbon deposits that's helping seal those crappy, worn out seals of yours. I used it on my integra with 170k and ever since then it started burnin oil. just a word of caution.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just dont use it on an engine that has a crap load of miles, 'cause it'll clean out the carbon deposits that's helping seal those crappy, worn out seals of yours. I used it on my integra with 170k and ever since then it started burnin oil. just a word of caution.
I did not know that. (Johnny Carson style)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yup. If you've got low milage engines like a majority of us 250's have. then I'm ALL for seafoam, because technically, seafoam was doing it's job and doing it damn well by cleaning my integra's engine out, haha... just sucks I didnt know that before :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
So are you just putting it in the fuel tank with the gas? What ratio?

The reason I ask is because I have used it before on a truck and just drew it directly from the container into the engine thru a vacuum line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seafoam

I use 1/2 a bottle. Take it to the gas station when you need to fill up. Add the Seafoam. Fill the tank, your done. Adding the gas mixes the seafoam.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
While sea foam won't magically fix completely clogged jets, it does break down deposits in the fuel system. It is a good preventative measure for something that's had fuel sitting in it a while and is running kind of crappy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This sounds like what i've been searching for! Heres my deal, I just bought a '09 250 with 3,100 miles on it. Im not having any trouble getting it to start up but it idles kinda funny. the needle fluctuates about -250 from the midline 1300 i have it set to. So I decided to tweak the idle switch a little and make it a little higher. This kept the bike from dying when I take off but once the bike gets warmed up it idles around 2k so i have to turn it back down.

So does this sound like what everyone on this thread is talking about? And could someone please explain whats causing this? Its a pretty new bike and I dont see how the carbs could be clogged or anything but I am kinda inexperienced. Thanks for any help!:D

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Stupid....jk jk :Laughing rolling:

Im pretty sure seafoam is the brand of fuel stabilizer. And if it is, then you put it in your tank before you fill up with gas.

correct me if im wrong

seafoam can be added to the fuel, or sucked through a vac line.

they also market it as an oil additive

·
Registered
881 Posts
ya, most people add it to their air intake to get sucked into their engine where you let it sit for 5 - 10 min to eat away at the carbon build up inside the engine, thats why it will smoke like hell when you start it up... just gotta be carefull because you can hydro lock the engine it you put to much at once in.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
ya, most people add it to their air intake to get sucked into their engine where you let it sit for 5 - 10 min to eat away at the carbon build up inside the engine, thats why it will smoke like hell when you start it up... just gotta be carefull because you can hydro lock the engine it you put to much at once in.
who the hell does that? no one with a brain.

·
Registered
123 Posts
never heard of this before, ive heard of people spraying ether in the air intake to get something started.

seafoam goes in the gas tank. read the directions.

·
Registered
881 Posts
um hello, look up seafoam on youtube ... you can use it 3 ways

1.) In the oil - to clean the oil system out, rings, seals, etc. Reccomended add this before you change the oil as it thins it out.

2.) Fuel System - add this as a stabilizer or a fuel system cleaner

3.) Engine - can be used to clean carbon deposits out of inside the engine such as sticky valves, etc. Can be sucked in by a vac line into the intake manifold until the engine begins to stall, let sit and then start it and watch the fun... where are you reading your directions from... I have a bottle right in front of me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts