Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 buks a month for full everything coverage even with only a 250 deductible!! Thats sick! Geico quoted me like twice as much as them. Im happy, if u dont have full coverage call statefarm cause there giving away insurance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah State Farm gave me a good rate, too. $650 a year, with no license or training. 2 tickets on record.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have my home, 2 cars and now my bike insured through them...by far the best rates I could find. I helps that I have had insurance with them for a while. My '06 ZX6R is $27/month...and my record isn't exactly spotless!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yup, no one could even touch SF's rates.

I have been with them since I was 16 (26 now), I have 3 cars and my life insurance with them. Full coverage on my 06' ZX6R is $32 a month. :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
You guys suck... I'm 24 and I'm paying GEICO $165 a month. No tickets ever... but two wrecks in last year and a half, only one of which was my fault. SF wouldn't touch me

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I hate you guys....I don't have my car insured through SF so I can't get my bike.

I'm stuck with Rider and paying $1400 a year for full with a $500 deductible.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm with State Farm too. I didn't know if I;d be able to get it since I don't have my car with them. . . but I did when I was 16-19(23 now), so they let me go with them. For full coverage everyone else wanted between 4k-6k a year, and with State Farm, it's 1k/year.:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have them for my bike 2 cars the house. They give great multi line discounts. I wouldn't take Geico if some one paid me. My buddies cbr 1000rr was stolen in April they still haven't even told him if there gonna pay him or try to dispute it.......THEY SUCK

·
Registered
174 Posts
your getting screwed by state farm i pay $25.30 per month and $250.00 deductible with uninsured motor, and full coverage better call your agent back

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im thinking that my speeding ticket and also that I wouldnt put my car on statefarm too is why its a little high. The speeding ticket was only from like 2 months ago and I didnt get the points taken off yet. Also I think they ran my credit and its not the best lately.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yup, i have statefarm too. Just turned 25, moto ins went from like 2something a month to $64. and car is only like $100 for a 2002 accord. So buying my Bike, switching to State Farm and turning 25 was the best things of this year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang, I need to call state farm. My old ass could probably get a ZX14 insured for about $1100 a year. I was amazed how cheap geico was on a 6r. They quoted $85 a month, which is good from all the stories Ive heard. At 34, Im sure I can get a good price, if I add the firebird, and minivan. Guess Ill be calling tomorrow.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm calling State Farm now. I want an 06 ZX6R. My insurance company quoted me $275 a mo for full coverage on that bike. Geico quoted me $240 down and $149 per mo on the same bike. I'm 34, never any accidents, never any tickets, and motorcycle licensed for one year. My only vehicle is my CBR, and i pay $44 month for upgraded liability coverage through Progressive.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Insurance companies P me off. I'm getting raped by everyone i call for a quote. The state farm agent i called said they won't insure a bike only, have to have a truck, suv or car with them too. State Farm leaves that up to the agent to decide. I'll have to call another S.F. agent. And the crap part is my driving record is perfect. Now i'm pissed.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
They will insure a bike only, except its through another part of state farm instead of the part that gives auto insurance. What this means is this. If you want a bike only they have to send it into this other company then you have to wait 2 weeks while they approve it before they can bind coverage. Noone does this becuase its a pita so they probably just told you they don't do that.

Of course the work around is this: get car insurance with them....the cheapest you can get while still keeping the coverage you have already even if the state farm coverage is more...if its less then its a win win. Then becuae you are getting a car bound they can also bind coverage on the bike that same day! Then you wait a week or so (i waited 1 month and payed 1 months car insurance) and then drop the car.

Now you just have coverage on the bike. IIRC my rates on the bike didn't change either.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.