Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i called state farm today to try and get my 2006 zx6R insured.

and the first one said we wont do it without your car.

next one said that they dont like to do it but they can so she gets all my info and then says i will call u back.

also she said that they dont give a discount for taking the msf class but i thought that they did?

well finally she calls me back and tells me they wont insure because i have an accident from 03 and my ticket for speeding from last may.

but she says call us back on the 20th and we might be able to.

i was wondering does state farm not insure people that have accidents?

·
Registered
188 Posts
LOL i guess so, they like to take money, not pay it out.

State Farm agents are authorized to insure a bike only. Some S.F. agents refuse to insure a bike only. Because they are just being greedy and feel they aren't making enough $ from insuring just a bike. imo. But i do give a hats off for S.F. beating almost everyone elses rates.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
State farm does usually have the lowest bike rates because they try to get the safest riders. I have heard often if you are a new state farm customer, like less then a year, and have an accident, they will sometimes drop you. They don't seem to do this with longer term customers.
They so far have handled my claim fine, got good value for the bike when it was written off, and was able to buy it back for $455 :)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
god dammit - they said they'd insure you even though you just wanted to do your bike?

that's it....im going into State Farm tomorrow. My Aunt (who works for State Farm) told me like 50 times that they won't insure me because i just wanna do my bike. fuck that...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by cruizin
LOL i guess so, they like to take money, not pay it out.
I absolutely love State Farm, but thats my only gripe. They will try and convinve you not to make a claim by telling you that your rates will go up..blah blah. A load of BS, but I can;t complain, my insurance is about as cheap as it gets.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Originally posted by HDRydr2

I absolutely love State Farm, but thats my only gripe. They will try and convinve you not to make a claim by telling you that your rates will go up..blah blah. A load of BS, but I can;t complain, my insurance is about as cheap as it gets.

My complaint was about my agent. He just bugged the hell out of me when I first moved to Ohio. I got called about everyday with him trying to sell me something new. I have my condo and car through them. They are the cheapest I have found. I haven't had any claims so I don't have any experience with that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hah thats funny how you guys hate state farm.

well this is why they wanted me to put a car on statefarm then my bike. if i just insured my bike full coverage (im 18 with a clean record) with 500 deductibles, i would be paying 220 a month JUST for the bike. now if i put my car as PRIMARY AND my bike as a SECONDARY vehicle, i was quoted 36 a month for the bike full coverage, and 110 a month for the car. im a good friend of the agents relatives so she was nice enough to discount my rate.

state farm, i beileve, will only insure people with at most 1 point on their record i believe. i love state farm, haven't heard any bad things about state farm. friend of mine (here on forums) got into an accident when a car turned into his lane, wasn't his fault but a suspect claimed he was goin to fast, so their insurance didnt pay him, state farm said it was bullshit and they sent him a check without his rates going up. can't complain to that. state farm all the way!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I pay $78.50 a month for my bike and my truck,and thats full coverage !!!! State Farm F#$king rocks !!! I was with Allstate prior and they RAPED ME !!!! and I have a clean record. :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
i got State Farm, full coverage $500.00 deductable for $54.00/mo.
i kept my cages with AAA because it is still cheaper there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.