Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 zx6r i have to replace the stator cover. I bought one off ebay but it did not come with the glass piece to view your oil. can u just switch the old one to the new one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unless the 03 is different, every bike I have owned has the oil level sight glass on the clutch side not the stator side.

Keith

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by celicacy
i have a 2003 zx6r i have to replace the stator cover. I bought one off ebay but it did not come with the glass piece to view your oil. can u just switch the old one to the new one?

Well the oil level window is on the CLUTCH cover. So if you bought a stator cover off of ebay, you bought the wrong part, which would explain the lack of oil level window.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply..but is the old one removable? i just wanted to know before i replace it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I think they are asking you a question.

Did you replace the stator cover or the clucth cover. The stator cover does not have a sight glass, the clutch cover does. I also dont know if the clutch cover sight glass is removable or not. Never tried.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Um...Is the glass removable? I'm sure it's epoxied in somehow. Wait...are you saying you bought a clutch cover with the oil level window, but the glass wasn't in the window? Fuck that shit, send it back. That's not bueno at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes its the clutch cover with the oil window, i hope i odnt have to buy the whole cover, just the window.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by celicacy
yes its the clutch cover with the oil window, i hope i odnt have to buy the whole cover, just the window.
You're in luck.

Kawasaki Part: GAUGE, OIL LEVEL
REFERENCE NUMBER: 52005
PART NUMBER: 52005-1057
MSRP: $12.30

You can order it from www.bikebandit.com , www.ronayers.com , or you can bring the above information to any Kawasaki dealer and have them order it for you.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can also pop out the old one and fit it in the new one. It takes a little work to save the seal on the old but it works. I did it to mine when I switched to black covers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.