Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I would like to share the paint job I did on my ER-6N. Another day I was riding on a forest road (don't ask) and when passing over a muddy stretch I dropped the bike on the left side. I was slow, 5km/h, and the only thing that happened was I scratched the stator cover. See the picture.
To fix I decided to paint it myself, first time doing this kind of job, but since I bought the bike having in mind I would do all maintenance I was excited about doing it.
I used VHT High Temperature Flameproof Header Paint, cast iron color. Cleaned properly the cover, sanded a little bit, degreased, covered the bike (and the cover's nuts) leaving exposed only the stator cover, and applied two coats. In the end I was happy with myself for the result.
The cast iron color is lighter than the original, but I liked anyway.

Attachments

·
39,901 Posts
I might have pulled the bolts and just left the stator cover in place, but that came out very nice. Good work!

·
Banned
31 Posts
I did high temp black rustoleum on my undertail exhaust. It started to flake after a couple years, but that is to be expected with all the crap that got flung up at it. Plus, only did 9Apps Showbox two quick coats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts