Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed after my last oil change that my stator cover had a very minor seal problem. Oil had been sprayed on the inside of my bottom fairing, but it was already set up like in a grease state. My oil level was still full thank god, but I just finished taking it apart and putting a new gasket and sealer on it. I think the kids at the local shop are dipshits and torqued the bolts in one by one, rather than in a pattern, which pisses me off. Anyways, I was just wondering if that severly minor leak would be a cause in decreased power?? I also tore my power commander out, it was giving me problems.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope positive, I saw exactly where it was coming from

·
Registered
182 Posts
what kind of problem were you having with your PCC III. did you have to drop all the oil when you removed the stator cover and was it a dificult job. i did read in the service manual that the engine re the oil must be totaly with no air leaks or it will cause problems with your A/F mixture. that might be why your PC is giving you problems.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You can lean the bike against something, like old tires or whatever, so you don't have to drain the oil. Easier to work too, if it's on it's side a little.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was time for an oil change anyways...i just drained it all. the problems i was having was that my bike just seemed to have minimal or next to no power after a few thousand rpms...it just fell over on its face

·
Registered
108 Posts
[:p]I had a problem with my Power Commander. At restart after a short ride noticed a dead miss. Took it apart and found out it was not firing one injector. Called P.C, they told me to hook the laptop up and retrieve the trouble code (which would not reset). I sent it back to them and they repaired it no charge.:)All is good now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.