Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a guide or video somewhere on how to remove the Stator? I'm not sure how to do it without dismantling the bike more then I need to.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You'll have to get under the tank and remove the air box assembly because the stator wire runs under the air box to the rectifier and is secured by clips. When you remove the stator cover, the stator coil is attached to the cover by a few bolts and wire is secured in place as well. You should be able to figure out how to remove and replace from the cover and run the wire back to the reg/rect. You do need to apply some silicone sealant in a couple spots when installing the new gasket and cover.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You'll have to get under the tank and remove the air box assembly because the stator wire runs under the air box to the rectifier and is secured by clips. When you remove the stator cover, the stator coil is attached to the cover by a few bolts and wire is secured in place as well. You should be able to figure out how to remove and replace from the cover and run the wire back to the reg/rect. You do need to apply some silicone sealant in a couple spots when installing the new gasket and cover.
I found Yamabond or Hondabond to be the least expensive option for the sealant. The Kawasaki sealant was stupid expensive for what it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts