Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Melissa Buck remembers, "I thought, well, how am I going to go home?"
Ever heard of a taxi? Or a friend?

I'm not defending the stealerships here but God damn....she paid $250 a month more just so she could have a ride home that day? The dumbass deserves to be ripped off...

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,423 Posts
Normal Ducati dealerships are very friendly and amenable, especially with service since it's already costing you an arm, leg, and firstborn child. But the Duc dealer by me is the only one in 90 miles, and there's a (relatively) heavy concentration of Ducatis in the area, and they know it. They charge a 10% to 20% premium over MSRP on all parts and services, and their service department is a complete ripoff. You take it in for an oil change, and they tell you, "Well, we want to replace the oil, filter, oil screen, oil pump, all the gaskets, oil plug, oil plug washer, all the oil lines and fittings, and the oil pan. Your oil change will cost $924.85...if you don't want all that, then we won't do it at all."

That's -sort of- an exaggeration...but I took it in to get the sprague clutch (starter clutch) replaced, and they said, "Well, we can do it, but we want to replace the starter clutch flange and the driven gear, and all the fittings. So it'll be $784.xx." So I asked him how much the labor was. "Oh, that's the cheap part, it's only three hours labor, so you're looking at around $220 or so in labor." So I exclaim, "The starter clutch is $550?" And he says, "No, of course not, the starter clutch is only $125, but those other two parts together are $425." "So let me get this straight...you REFUSE to do the service unless I buy $425 worth of parts that I DON'T EVEN NEED?" "Our mechanics said they would refuse the service, yes." Asked around to other Ducatisti, and they ALL said that they've never heard of anything even remarkably similar to that from their Ducati dealership.

·
Registered
310 Posts
people that allow this are stupid.....read what you legally agree too by signing!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.