Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to install the front Galfer SS lines that have been sitting in their box for a month. Everything went well except when I finished, it seemed that the lines and the Speedo/Tach were interacted at full left lock. I tried adjusting the angle of the lines, but a small bar on the M/C were the old lines used to sit are in the way of tilting the lines down.

Anyone else on an 03 636 have Galfer fronts? Have you had this issue? if not, how did you route your lines? Some pics would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure that I could. But i'd rather re-route the lines or something if someone else has a successful setup before I start drilling off peices of the M/C.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Don't know about the Galfers. I went with NBM Woolford lines out of England. $100CDN for the whole set. Performance is great, even with stock pads.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just installed galfers on my 10r and and it sounds like they are similar master cylynders. The instructions that came with mine said to route them underneath that little tab so they are going straight down. I did this on mine with the zip-tie one inch below the triple clamp and they work great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I tried that... I had an issue with the Clutch cable though.... hmm maybe Ill give it another go... maybe move that clutch cable somewhere...

Thanks for the Pics :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Same problem here, luckily I hardly ever need to lock mine. Just letting you know its not just you, its a problem with the brake line design.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had the same problem on my 03 with Galfers. Tried routing them 10 different ways. Even over the top of the tab on the M/C. I'll have to look tonight but I think I used the ends with the best angle to help the situation. The ends are the same size so it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm, maybe I will have to drill that damn thing off... Im not full left unless im locking the forks for parking... and sometimes in parking lots and slow speed maneuvering...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Just dremel the little tab off, I had to do it as well on my '04... Now it fits great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.