Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im down to end of doin up my bike for the exception of the chrome. Only thing left is a dampener, but is it really worth it for this bike? it feel like its got one on there already compared to the gixxer i rode the other day. help please??

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
depends, if you aren't confident in your bike then you should get one, if you are confident then you dont need one...feel confident on your bike is what it's all about...

to be honest I never had any problems with my 2002, it seems rock stable, but I'm 210lbs which helps alittle.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
For mainly street riding, especially with the stock suspension settings (or less aggresive settings, stock or otherwise) than probably not. Ride the bike in your typical conditipns w/o one and if you never have any issues you'll probably be fine w/o one. The 6R (pre 03) is noted as being very stable. I have one, and love them though. You can't hurt anything by getting one. I love how a good quality, adjustable damper feels on any bike personally.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I being talked into getting a Scotts Dampener for my 02. Its part of a group so they are going to knock of a few bucks. But from what I heard Scotts a really good dampeners. I heard you can put them on any bike as long as you get the right mounts for them. That way if you get another bike you dont have to spend 400 bucks on another damper you just have to buy a new mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.