Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that a lot are running upto $800 canadian! thats a whole lotta money:/ is there a huge difference between the companys... what do you guy's recommend???

·
Registered
191 Posts
I prefer the Scott's because it is full adjustable in all ways. The GPR is good. I have heard mixed reviews about the Ohlins and it is also the most expensive out of those three. There is an article about the different types in Super Street Bike Magazine this month. Its a pretty good read.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The GPR and Scott's are probably the most popular. I chose to go with the Scotts. They cost a few dollars more, but not a big price difference really. Either way you probably can't go wrong. You'll get plenty of opinions here, but I dunno if one is definitively "better". I made my choice because of the adjust ability, and reputation (name). Either of the two would be a solid choice though

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would go with the Scott's because the pricing is so close and if you like alot of adjustability then its the one to have. If you want a basic user one the GPR is an awesome choice too. I would personally stay away from Ohlins because of the design and its outrageous price. http://www.jazzmotorsports.com sells the GPR units for a good price. I have bought quite a few parts from them and they are spot on and offer a satisfaction guarantee. They have the GPR unit in several different colors as well. Tell them Matthew Holland sent you and he may hook u up and it will give me brownie points with them since I am advertising for them locally on my bike. I have already sent them 2 customers this week who have made purchases because of their insane prices and untouchable customer service.

-Matt

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx for the help guy's... this forum is truly a big help

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use an ohlins side mount do to the fact that the bung is there from the factory. Works great and the only issue I have is that there is no indicator when setting it (just clicks). Depending on the ride speed I adjust the setting for low and high speed cornering so I have to try to remember where I set it previously. I think they sell for around $400.

·
Registered
493 Posts
www.motomummy.com has the best prices I've seen on the GPR V4 steering stabilizers. The GPR looks to be a more user friendly unit and it's cheaper. I've also heard the GPR is cheaper to rebuild down the road if you need to have it done. I can definitely tell a difference riding my 07' ZX-6R which doesn't have a stabilizer, my previous 06' GSXR 600 came with one stock and it felt alot safer to ride and eliminated all the head shake. I'm looking to install the GPR V4 on my Kawi, I just wish the V4 was all one color like the GPR V1 was instead of having a colored body and an anodized red knob.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with most of the replies you got, Scotts & GPR are both great choices. Just to throw it in the mix, I ran a Hyperpro on my Triumph D675, I liked it alot. And not to be a ballbuster, but it's "damper" not "dampner."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts