Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys suggest using a steering dampner for your 03/04 636 if your practising stunts, if so which ones.[:I]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yes, especially if you are practicing stunts. By the way, it's a steering damper, not dampner.

I've got a Toby steering damper coming in the mail from www.mototechnw.com that was reasonably priced, and from what I hear, a pretty good overall damper. It cost me about $270 USD. There are several different companies out there, and some are really cheap, some are really expensive. Just look around until you find something you like.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The Scotts dampers are really good. They're a neat, compact little package and look good too. They're also very easy to adjust.
They were originally a steering damper for motocrossers and enduro bikes, just think how much they have to cope with on those bikes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by TommyV
Yes, especially if you are practicing stunts. By the way, it's a steering damper, not dampner.

I've got a Toby steering damper coming in the mail from www.mototechnw.com that was reasonably priced, and from what I hear, a pretty good overall damper. It cost me about $270 USD. There are several different companies out there, and some are really cheap, some are really expensive. Just look around until you find something you like.
that is an awesome price but they dont have it for my 636:(BASTARDS!!![:p]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Two things, How hard is it to install one(636) and I posted this before, it could be B.S. but I heard from a couple of peeps that Kawasaki was thinking of putting dampers on a new '05' or '06' model. which size I dont remember.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
1) Steering dampers are not hard to install.
2) It's very possible. Suzuki already puts factory dampers on the 750's and 1k's, although I don't think that they are adjustable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.