Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a good how-to for this. Maybe step by step stuff? Bad enough I don't have a front stand to do it. I'm gonna have to hang my bike from the ceiling.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Why would you need a front stand to tighten the steering head ? Why do you want to tighten it ?

it's very easy.

you loosen the 4 allen bolts holding the clip on handlebars, not remove just loosen.

then just like making an adjustment for your "sag" you have 2 toothed rings.

loosen the first one and then tighten the second one.

then tighten the top on andthe allen bolts for the clip ons.

There is a special tool that would be in handy otherwise use a flat head screwdriver and a small hammer. Sorry I forget what those toothed rings are called.

WMRC Novice Racer #87

www.bcsportbikes.com/cgi-bin/bike.disp/37

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard you have to take off the weight from the front tire to tighten them properly.

Mine are lose so when I stop I can feel the forks shake a bit. Not to mention during stoppies my bike tends to swing around.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you should fix it asap....if the bearing is as loose as you say it is,it will wear out quickly...and it can headshake...
I have replaced the bearings on mine a year ago (landed real bad from a wheelie). You don`t have to raise the front, but I`m pretty sure you will need to remove the upper triple clamp, though...

go green or go home!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.