Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old school as in a 16 inch rim

I have 150/80-16 size tires and thats the max size I think can fit. Anyone know the stickiest street tires that would fit this?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Texas seems to be having alot of kawa's on the forum. Nice to meet you and good luck in your search for 16's

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
dude... I had an 84 900gpz, I really honestly don't know what to tell you. I think I had bridgestones on that thing. But the part that sucks so much is that the tire is so much smaller. HOPEFULLY you can special order a pilot power or something. I KNOW, that Pirelli makes something to fit your bike, but as far as sticky? It's more of a touring tire.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am sure you can find something sticky for your bike. Go to the dealership and see what they have in there catolog. The old honda 900rr had 16 inch wheels.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Pirelli makes sport demons and the MT75 in 16" rim size, not sure the width and other dimensions though, I only know cus my 250 has 16" rims. Both those tires are dang sticky though, personally I love the MT75's but you run through them fast.

Continental also makes a 16" I don't know the name/# of it, but I have one on my 250 now and its held up well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had the sport demons on antother bike, they are so great I just ordered a set for my '86 just 3 days ago.

Though I do not like the company, ronayers is having a big sale on pirellis and other tires right now.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A 130 on a 600 just doesnt seem, or look right.

Wouldnt a bigger tire allow me to lean farther? The rear tire is a moot point anyway. The rear tire isnt limiting me at all. My 120/80 front is.

An Avon Super Venom 110/90 and 150/90 would be perfect I think

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your bike came from the factory with a 130/90 rear tire. The rim is only 3 inches wide. Puting a 150 on a 3 inch rim is a waiste. The narrow rim will distort the tire from its intended shape. I run a 130 rear and can get to full lean in a fraction of a second. I don't think the 150 would work as well. I also run a 120/80 front and agree the turn in would be much better with the stock 110/90. After the initial turn in though, the rear tire does most of the stearing. So, you are being limited by your rear tire.
As far as the tires go, I'm also looking at the sport demons. Bridgestone BT45's look good as well. They actually have dual compound tread in the rear. Hard in the middle, and soft on the sides for stickier cornering. I like the look of the sport domons better though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have gt501s which are said ( from the ninja 250 board ) to be the stickiest and with dual compound, it will last longer than the other sticky tires for being thicker.

I dont know why you insist that the rear tire is limiting me. The 120/80s edge meets the road quicker than the 150/80 rear. Im not saying the 150 is a good tire for this small wheel. It isnt. But it has a better center contact patch for the riding I do most of the time. Im just going to put a 110/90 gt501 up front and not worry about the rear right now. Il worry about getting to full lean and dragging a knee when there are tires really worth giving a crap about, on a bike really worth riding that way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.