Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by Mattdoiron

Fellow riders,
Did anyone hear anything about the suspension on a 03-ZX6R being too stiff and needing softening? Me and a buddy both bought one and we find it stiff. He read in a magazine that stock suspension should be softened for street riding.

Peace out [8D],
Matt
NB - Canada
Hey an East Coast'er! Welcome aboard. Yeah, apparently they need to be lightened up, especially for smaller guys. I have yet to ride one, but that's the word for testers and riders alike. I may try to get over to Moncton for a demo ride though, I heard they're doign some. The local dealer sold all his before their planned demo day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fellow riders,
Did anyone hear anything about the suspension on a 03-ZX6R being too stiff and needing softening? Me and a buddy both bought one and we find it stiff. He read in a magazine that stock suspension should be softened for street riding.

Peace out [8D],
Matt
NB - Canada

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where are you from Grunt_99? Wheels & Waves (Moncton dealership) is where we bought ours. I have no complaints yet. Make sure you call ahead to reserve a spot. Their test rides are about 90 minutes long so it's well worth your while.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would not say "stiff", but too much compression dampening, especially in the fork. I am 210 lbs and on a really bad road surface the bike will have a stiff ride [xx(] due to the compression dampening, but on a good road surface it rocks.

I don't find it too bad, but i am 210 lbs. I do plan to change out the shock and re-work the internals of the fork eventually.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I took my 636 with stock suspension over the worst paved road I know. It is the fast side of Palomar Mt if anyone out there cares. Anyway, to my surprise it was not too bad. Over big bumps the thing is way to stiff, but I don't know how much softening it will sacfrice how great it rides over roads that are smooth. I'm torn. There is a shop in my area that will professional set up suspensions to your like, he used to set up AMA super bikes, I think I'll have them back off the compression damping a bit. I love this bike.

Craig

·
Registered
70 Posts
The stock springs are too soft, that is why you have to run higher compression damping, hence a stiff ride. If you decrease the compression damping on the soft stock springs, you will get a softer ride, but sacrifice control. The forks need stiffer springs and then you can make changes in compression and rebound and not lose too much control.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Mattdoiron

Where are you from Grunt_99? Wheels & Waves (Moncton dealership) is where we bought ours. I have no complaints yet. Make sure you call ahead to reserve a spot. Their test rides are about 90 minutes long so it's well worth your while.
yeah I heard they had good demo rides there, that's the spot I'll be trying. I'm in PEI. Have you checke dout www.nbriders.ca yet? There are a lot of NB, and some Moncton guys on there. I pop in from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.