Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
nah you're looking good as far as i can see. are you trying to get your knee down or what?

·
Registered
51 Posts
drop your inside (the shoulder in the direction you're turning) and try kissing the mirror. right now you're not optimizing the amount your body can change the CG of the bike.
holeinone has attached this file: brendan_kent.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
In Clermont huh? I'm right down the road. WHere are you riding at in that pic? I need to find a good place to ride... no where here in populated Orlando is good to ride.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll try that when i go out there today i know that i need to get my outside arm tucked in more so i should be on the tank then right i'm not tring to get my knee down right there i was only in jeans but i'm trying to get her down to that point

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
it's funny, I ride my bike dirtbike style too...I just feel like a some sort of weirdo leaning off my bike and trying to setup for every corner on the street...

I mean really, how fast do you want to go on the street? I had way too many close calls recently.

Also if you dont hang off, you use more of your tires and hence dont have chcicken strips ;)

but I guess if you going really fast on the street, you might have to start hanging off so you dont run out of tire...

in any case, my new years resolution next year will be to eat better, drink more and ride slower ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
funny thing is were only going about 45 though this area and its not really orlando its about 45 min out of orlando in a place called groveland its like middle of nowhere and turn left

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow... looking good. I'm no expert, I've only got two seasons under my belt, but I think I learned alot in that time. I got my knee down this summer using an on-ramp to get onto the highway.

I tried and tried for months at this same corner, changing little bits, and nothing seemed to work. The trick I finally did learn, was to relax, don't worry so much about position - concentrate of being smooth, and consistent, and it will all come together, and you won't have to work as hard, or take any risks.

Worked for me...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I scrap my peg on some turns. but I scare my self[:0] I need to back off:( ow well:D

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Indeed - I thought getting some rearsets would stop the decking-out problem - now I just lean over further. It scrapes peg on the left side, and decks the exhaust and bodywork on the right - there's never enough ground clearence.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.