Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1986 klr 600 b new mag ,new coil ,new pulse pick up coil, new cdi still have no spark ,,,My question can u leave the white wire disconected on the cdi to rule out the on off switch kickstand and neutral switch ?

any input would be appreciated

thanx jon

· Registered
46 Posts
I would leave all wires correctly connected. Figure out how to bypass switches. Troubleshooting these CDI bikes from the 1980's can be difficult. Too many mystery components.

Is there a pulse from the pickup/exciter coil? Just disconnect the BK/Y and BK wires and connect to AC Voltmeter. I have no idea what it should read, maybe 5-10 VAC at kickstarter speed??

Schematic Font Parallel Rectangle Engineering

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found this page in my manual ive tried to follow each wire ,,,,it looks like the previos ownner took a hachet to wireing harness deleting turn signals kill switches and god knows what ill check pulse coil for voltage

thanx for info

jon

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not voltage , only a signal when the magnets pass the pick up coil . Check the manual .....
found out that the aftermarket ignition switch i got / even though it plugged right into the wire harness had a n/c and n/o and a power circuit - the middle and right set of wires in the jack were reversed so every time i cut the key on it was killing the bike --switch them and all is good

thanx for your help

jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts