Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 zx6r stock and i was wondering what are the best parts to get first to increase the power. this is my frist bike and i have had it about 8 months so i belive i am ready for the extra power.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would -1 tooth on the front and see how you like that. You can always +2 on the rear later if you want more gear. Powercommander will give you some more power and smooth things out. Do you have a steering stabilizer such as a GPR, Hyperpro on your bike yet? I feel the GPR was some of best money I spent on my bike. Gearing -1/+2 was the most performance bang for your buck.

Also do the jumper mod its easy and it works. Check the how-to section or i-hacked.com

·
Registered
359 Posts
Without spending silly cash you'll be hard pushed to notice any increase of power from an exhaust and PC etc.You'd be far better changing the gearing.If you find 636 lacking power you've learned more about riding in 8 months than I have in 10yrs.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
steering damper
+2 rear sprocket
Slip-on with a PCIII
braided brakelines
fork revalving & new shock

that will have you kickg some ass

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
1. Get your sag set by a professional, that will probably mean new fork springs.

Ride it for six months.

2. Do some trackdays so you can find out what "fast' is.

3. Then get rear shock.

4. Ride six more months.

6. Now think about more power.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by Ernie
1. Get your sag set by a professional, that will probably mean new fork springs.

Ride it for six months.

2. Do some trackdays so you can find out what "fast' is.

3. Then get rear shock.

4. Ride six more months.

6. Now think about more power.
+1000 Once you get some skill you'll be passing liter bikes on the track and you'll find out that skill is much more important to go fast than power.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
if you want more power get a power commander, and retard the timing. as well as the unit that power commander sells that lets you do a clutchless shift at full throttle. after that i say wait until some of the people finish their turbo build up and see what that does.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Best money spent $30 -1 front sprocket $120ish stainless brake lines. $150 you go faster and stop faster... Aside from that you could just take off your exhaust and it will seem like your going a lot faster then you really are plus its free as compared to most slip ons that do the same thing and cost a butt load of money

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could anyone tell me the number of teeth on my stock sprocketts.. not too sure where to find it at an wanna order the right parts for it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
the rear stock is a 43. fronts a 15

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by ronniejr1987
UMM wristband??? huh?
Damn Yo, you want to get the wicked crazy supa dupa mods...flushmount blinkers, CA taillight, carbon fiber frame sliders, 12 o'clock bar, rear hugger, rim stripe, K&N...these are just a few that will leave all the stunnas at the starbucks with dropped jaws.

Oh you actually want mods that are worth a damn... IMO, spend the money on track days and tires. You will be much better off in the long run.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Track days....[:M6]...not everyone that rides a sportbike wants to race in the AMA..Some people just like to ride....It's crazy on here how many people diss on the aftermarket accesories....and yet that bussiness is booming....personaly i live in BFE Nebraska and couldnt give a crap less about track days.....and to dis on frame sliders...well thats just ignorant....rim stripes...anything to be seen at night better....got green neon on mine...hasnt seemes to slow me down too much....most of these accesories have a multi purpose to them besides that they look good too...yup.....some of it is just plain senseless.....you know the "it's your ride" saying....that doesnt just apply to how the bike looks but the actual ride......I havent seen too many harleys at the track but ya know those guys ride all over the damn place.....sure would like to see someone dragging knee on a big ole electra though...that'd be cool :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.