Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got ahold of a friends stock can and hacked the hell out of it...Devil really needs to get the shotguns finished:D

This is after the first cut, and pulling the innerds out as far as I could. It shows all the seperate welded chambers that Kawi saw fit to include...:(

This shows how the exhaust gases travel through the can, surprising that there is any sound at all. The top (where my hand it)is what it looks like when you pull the end cap off. My other can has 4 holes drilled around the outer edge, which gave it a decent sound.

This is what it looked like before I put the cap back on.

This is what it looks like on the bike. Definatly different. Thought about painting it, but didn't. It is very loud! And very obnoxoius. Actually, at idle and up to 2 grand, it sounds very deep and mellow, but at 5 grand, it will kill your ears, and anyone close by. Most of my buds have told me to take it off asap, heh heh. It probably won't be on the bike long, but I had to see.

Hopefully, I will get by Sport Cycle Center to have it dynoed soon. I will probably do one with the short can just to see if there is any change. I will post it when I see what happens.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I decided to leave it on the bike for now. I added part of it back into the can...the inner tube that stick out from the cap and that welded part. It is a little quieter and doesn't backfire while downshifting. I short shifted 4th and it came up a little (never did before), so it might actually be putting out some more power! Only the dyno will tell, and there hasn't been time on my part or the shops...they are drag racing most weekends. Maybe soon...

This top part is what I reinstalled, but not without bringing the grinder out again!! Best investment in a while, that grinder...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.