Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 6100 miles on the stock brake pads with stainless brake lines. I mite do 2 track days at road atlanta, will it be a good idea change them or should they hold up? I'm in a very fast beginner class and i don't wanna chance it. If you guys recommend i change them..which brand and type do you experienced track guys recommend..what if i don't get the required 250mile break-in for new pads..will i still be safe at the track? Almost forgot..I have about 2 hrs of track time on the stock pads. [:0] thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
What follows is my experience and observations. Other people have other experiences and draw other conclusions, maybe.

HH pads harden, or at least, stop giving good initial bite, and start feeling wooden and less responsive on the track after a while - a few races/TD's. I have replaced pads with plenty of material on them because of this change in feel.

I use pads now that do this less, but they're mother-expensive (SRJL-17's). It's debatable whether or not replacing, say, EBC Kit pads twice for roughly the same expense is a better way to go.

Your stock pads will probably be OK.

Replacing race pads, I've found no bed-in time is really needed. It's probably wise to take the first few braking zones gently - cold tires, new pads, did you fasten everything correctly - good advice. I've swapped pads Sunday morning, gone race-pace in the practice session, then gone racing on them with never any concern for bed-in.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kz2zx...big thanks for the advice..I was actually considering the ebc kit...I think I'll get them and pack them for the trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.