Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have 3,287 miles on my stock BT014s...the back looks like its wearing pretty quick...about how many miles should I expect to get out of it? Also, I talked to my buddy that runs a bike shop the other day...he quoted me $140(plus tax) for a new 014 mounted and balanced...

GunRunner

·
Registered
810 Posts
depends how you ride...anywhere from 4,000 - prob around 8,000.

my friend's treads are pretty worn out at around 7,500

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know the OEM 014 is different than the aftermarket ones sold in a shop but I'm not exactly sure how. Probably something to do with the compound. When it's time to replace mine I think I'll be throwing on a set of Pilot Powers. I haven't heard a single bad thing about them, on this forum or anywhere else. Are you set on keeping the 014's?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I got 8,500 out of the rear, but it was badly squared-off for the last 1500 miles. The front has done 10,000 and is still ok.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may stick with 014's on the rear till its time to change the front also, but my buddy was telling me the new Dunlop Qualifier was a good one to go with also...

GunRunner

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The stock 014's are harder compared to the ones you can buy aftermarket. You should get some pilotpowers

·
Registered
182 Posts
About how much do PilotPowers cost? Are those made by Michelin?

·
Registered
148 Posts
My 05 has 6100k + and the tire still looking good.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
i put 8,000 on mine then switched to powers. They were gettin pretty sorry in the center by the time i got new ones. Once they were worn down pretty bad and i knew i was gettin new tires i started doin lots of burnouts which further helped wear them down.

·
Registered
324 Posts
im at 8k with the stock tires.. theyre gettin pretty worn

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I'm at 9200 and I can finish the season with them for sure.

I ride with 38 lbs psi rear and mixed ridding twisties and HWY.

1 or 2 sort burnouts that's it.

Not a bad tire for stock. Next will be Met M3 next season and dampener too many head shakes this season.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have an 05 636 and i got 7000mi out of the stock bt014 and put on the piolt powers and would not go with any thing else the bt014 fucking suck compared to the piolt powers btw my bro with an r6 with the dunlops took them offat 4000mi and put piolt powers on to me there is no other tire that compares to them and i ride the twistys all day you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by calen636
... When it's time to replace mine I think I'll be throwing on a set of Pilot Powers. I haven't heard a single bad thing about them, on this forum or anywhere else. Are you set on keeping the 014's?
how can anyone not like the 014's? they are great for street play!

should last me to my next oil change @ 8K

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have 9100 miles on my stock tire right now. It's worn out pretty bad in the center and it is time to replace it. I have a set of Pilot Powers already, just waiting for a pair of stands:) The front tire still has a lot of tread left to it though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
RR was toast @2500(edge to edge SLICK).Fr had a little tread in cntr.And I gave the bike a semi behaved break-in.Couldn't spend the $$$ on Super Corsa's,and as much as I like Pilot Race's ain't a Michelin man.Really like the 014's so went with them.Expect maybe 1500 out of'm ?Short of slowin down,its the cost of doin business I reckon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I put my 3rd rear & 2nd front BT-014 tire on at 9,000 mi.

·
Registered
302 Posts
8,000km on my back and it's worn in the center. Front is still ok.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Originally posted by S4one
The stock 014's are harder compared to the ones you can buy aftermarket. You should get some pilotpowers
is a hard compound better than a softer one? What's the difference? Grip? Speed handling? When it's time to replace mine I would like to try the pilot powers. I do like my stock bt014's though!

strat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.