Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just a quick one. Tried to find out last night but has the stock exhaust got a removable baffle in?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
It has one you can remove with a plasma cutter, grinder, Etc, But one that's meant to be removed easily? No. And, Stock exhausts that have been gutted generally sound like shit. Rob HP and Torque. An exhaust is a very "Tuned part" Of the bike and effects fuel mileage, HP and Torque.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has one you can remove with a plasma cutter, grinder, Etc, But one that's meant to be removed easily? No. And, Stock exhausts that have been gutted generally sound like shit. Rob HP and Torque. An exhaust is a very "Tuned part" Of the bike and effects fuel mileage, HP and Torque.
Thank you. I read the 'How to.....' with ripping the insides out like u mentioned. sounded ok but would it affect the power and mpg as you mentioned above?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Honestly man if ur worried about gutting it and the stock exhaust affecting your bike, look into buying an aftermarket exhaust. They're pretty affordable and sometimes come with little or no baffle. Personally I like the m4. They look and sound great and didn't hurt the bike at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly man if ur worried about gutting it and the stock exhaust affecting your bike, look into buying an aftermarket exhaust. They're pretty affordable and sometimes come with little or no baffle. Personally I like the m4. They look and sound great and didn't hurt the bike at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'll take a look at that cheers. Is the m4 the side exit exhaust?

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
You could chop out the cat and install a pipe to connect the header to the midpipe. The cat is that huge box under the bike. You'll get less torque from the bike, but you may get a horsepower or two on the top end. I'm running the 03/04 636 header, custom midpipe, and Yoshi can from an 07/08 on my ZZR fighter. So that's a baffle free undertail system, and I HAD to get a jet kit to make the bike run right. If you remove that cat, but keep the stock can, I would think you won't absolutely need to change the fueling. Beyond that and you'll definitely need a Power Commander or equivalent.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could chop out the cat and install a pipe to connect the header to the midpipe. The cat is that huge box under the bike. You'll get less torque from the bike, but you may get a horsepower or two on the top end. I'm running the 03/04 636 header, custom midpipe, and Yoshi can from an 07/08 on my ZZR fighter. So that's a baffle free undertail system, and I HAD to get a jet kit to make the bike run right. If you remove that cat, but keep the stock can, I would think you won't absolutely need to change the fueling. Beyond that and you'll definitely need a Power Commander or equivalent.
Decided im gonna get a Two Brother exhaust and leave the cat on and just add a K&N air filter. shouldnt need to mess with the fueling after that should i?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts