Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the main jets in the carbs are not all the same size... cylinders 1 and 4 are different from cylinders 2 and 3... but the problem is that the sizes on my stock jets all say the same thing.... i can not tell which jet goes where... i dont want to put them in wrong.. thanks for the help
bs

yellow = fast

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
If you look up the parts diagram for your bike on the buykawasaki.com site it will give you the correct jets sizes for your bike.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey SW i guess i was a little unclear with my post... I have the factory service manual therefore i know the stock jet sizes for my bike... my problem is that i have my jets removed and when i look at the top of the jet they all have the same numbers on them... I can not tell one apart from the other.. hope this helps.. thanks
bs

yellow = fast

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Take a look at the jet from the side. If it is a stock jet it should have a line the is about half-way down the top of the jet that runs all the way around. Below that line will be a small number which is the jet size.

Could it be that your bike has been rejetted and no longer has stock jets in it. Dynojet (and K&N) don't use the same jet marking system and I don't think they run staggered jetting like the factory does. There may be others like this.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know these are the stock jets... I have a k&n kit but i'm not using it.. I want to put my stock jets in.. I was lookin on the top of the stock jet and saw numbers but they were all the same...(and yes k&n runs staggered jet sizes

yellow = fast

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it either says 125 or 521... it looks the same both ways...so i dont know which it is.. but thats all it says... and i know they have to be stock cuz i got the bike with 1200 miles on it and the guy who had it before me never did any work to the bike...

yellow = fast

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
According the the shop manual what size are the main jets supposed to be? Does you bike have an aftermarket exhaust system on it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.