Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I switched my stock can to a bolt-on that was way more unrestricted , I got some major flat spots in the power curve and definetly had to rejet the carbs. I would keep an eye on your spark plugs and listen for popping when you gas it then let off. You could probably get away with oiling your air filter alittle heavier to richen it up a bit too. Kinda ghetto way to do it though.

------

97 Candy Persimmon Red
Wileyco Pipe
Factory 1.7 jets, Ign. Adv.
Cheetah Racing Solotail

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey man, I've actually been really wantin' to do this myself, but couldn't find any info from somebody that had actually done it. I can't decide which pipe to go with, and would rather get the bike paid for first.... anyway, good to hear, thinkin' I might try it myself. Any problems that anyone knows about? Thanks

------

2k2 ZX6R Yellow/Black

·
Registered
7 Posts
So i got the new pipe blues bad but i have no money. I srill out all the rivets and put all the holes i can in the old pipe. Punched through all the baffels i can and cut the thing sticking out the in the middle of the cap. SOUNDS great here is the kicker am i running to lean now? Its carbed and seems to be fine. Got a nice black carbon ring around the tip cap. Many ppl that i ride with tells me that if they could have made theres sound that way they would have never bought a new one let me know guys
thanks in advance!!

------

Ride It Like You Stole It
Http://www.schiebel.ca/~zx6r/upload/dmgary/rocket1.jpg

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
i posted something under hte title "drilling the baffle" look for it ive even offerd a step by step video. but its for the 2002.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I wasn't happy with the flat spots either when I threw on a bolt-on with nothing else...ended up throwing the Ivan's jet kit on there and ignition advancer...now it's responsive as can be...big improvement...just cost me some dough

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.