Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this post in the ZX-6R forum and got a couple responses, but now realize this may be a better place for it...

Stock settings on sag for an '06 is meant for a 150# rider, without gear, according to the manual.

In the processing of setting sag for me (I'm about 185# with gear), I realize I pretty much need to crank down the fronts all the way. This make sense to anyone? Is the stock suspension really this soft??

Also, Sport Rider's recommendations for this bike is 4 lines showing. That would soften it up from stock, which doesn't make sense to me either as they were running it on the track (warranting firmer settings) and I don't think they are all little tiny people.

Anyone else bother setting preload for your weight and run into this?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ignore sportrider. Yes you probably need all the preload, and yes the fork springs are that soft. All stock bikes seem to have stock suspension for a 130 rider at the front and a 2360 pound rider at the rear.LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
What sag numbers are you guys running? Suspension gurus will tell you different things. But mine got setup to 36mm front and 33mm rear which is a bit more on the higher side.

·
Registered
156 Posts
<insert newb question>

what's your ref points for measurement?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by zx6r_fng
<insert newb question>

what's your ref points for measurement?
Ref points don't matter, it's all relative to the unsprung length of the forks/shock. Imporant part is that the rear measurement be plumb to whatever reference point is being used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.