Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am poor, too. I buy my tires online and mount and balance them myself. I save enough to run first rate tires (Rennsports).

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
never had any problems with stock tires on supersport bikes...

they might not be the best track tires, but for street use they should be more than enough...

BT010's are great tires and I hear Pilot Sports are pretty good...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Are they any good?
Does anyone have any recomendations on other types of tires taking into account that some of us are...well, POOR!:D

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought a set of Metzeler ME Z4s from www.parts411.com. Good commuting tire that's supposed to last a long time. I have done the research and 411 does have the cheapest prices for tires online. Definately worth a look.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've gone through two sets of Dunlop 207's, one set Bridgestone BT010's, and I'm now running the Metzeler M-1 Sportec's on my '02 6R.

The traction nod goes to the M-1's. The consensus is that the Dunlops will slide around more, but it's predictable. The Bridgestones feel more planted, but when the let loose, watch out! I've run the Metzelers hard (one track day so far) and they stick like glue.

As for longevity, I got 5500 miles from the first set of 207's (back was THRASHED), 5000 from the second set, about 4500 from the BT010's and I've got about 2000 on the M-1's and they're still looking pretty good.

Red
AMA #439394

BTW, I get my tires from www.DiscountMotorcycleTire.com and have 'em mounted at a local race shop for $20/tire (off the bike).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.